Dell Delivers Integrated Systems Management with Microsoft Offerings to Improve Business Efficiency
* Announcing further integration of Dell OpenManage Systems Management products with the Microsoft® System Center Management Suite for greater IT management functionality
* Dell provides comprehensive management solutions with Microsoft System Center for small, mid-size and large infrastructures to maximize IT assets, productivity and budget
* Dell offers OpenManage Tools for Microsoft System Center at no additional charge
Through extensive OpenManage integration, Dell now offers the industry’s first comprehensive solution for managing Microsoft applications, multi-vendor hypervisors including Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware ESX, and a span of Dell hardware with the Microsoft System Center product portfolio.
Simplified Management for Virtual and Physical Environments
Dell and Microsoft have co-developed solutions designed to simplify management and maximize utilization of IT resources in small, mid-sized and enterprise environments.
* Dell is the only company offering the Microsoft System Center Essentials Management Suite, which combines Microsoft System Center Essentials 2007 and Microsoft® System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2008 in a packaged solution designed specifically for midsized infrastructures. When used with Dell PRO-Pack (Performance and Resource Optimization Pack) and Dell Management Packs, customers have cost-efficient manageability across both physical and virtual IT resources.
* Dell PRO-Pack provides extensive insight into Dell PowerEdge™ servers to monitor the health status of physical hosts which enables optimal management of virtual resources.
* Dell PRO-Pack, when used with Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2008, System Center Operations Manager 2007 and the Dell Management Packs, provides enterprise customers centralized, proactive management for physical and virtual environments.
Faster Path to Virtualization with Consulting Services
Dell provides Hyper-V Technology Introduction and FastTrack Design Services with Advanced Management options to accelerate the deployment and configuration of Microsoft Hyper-V, System Center and Dell PRO-Pack technologies.
* Advanced Management provides automated corrective actions based on hardware related events on Dell server and storage platforms.
* Dell and Microsoft Reference Configurations can speed the implementation of Windows Server 2008, Hyper-V and System Center solutions.
* Dell’s Infrastructure Consulting team offers expert design and implementation assistance in all aspects of Microsoft server and management infrastructure to help accelerate technology adoption.
Improving Business Efficiency
The integration of extensive hardware management capabilities from Dell with Microsoft System Center solutions can increase productivity by reducing manual IT tasks and management tools.
* Dell Management Packs provide integration with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2007 and System Center Essentials (SCE) 2007, allowing businesses to monitor and manage Dell servers, business clients, storage, and printers in multi-vendor hardware and software environments.
* Dell Server and Business Client Hardware Update Catalog tools seamlessly integrate with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007, System Center Essentials (SCE) 2007 and Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) to ensure the latest drivers, BIOS and firmware are automatically loaded for the lifecycle of the platform.
* Dell and Microsoft Management Packs deliver complementary management functionality which is designed to improve power and cooling monitoring/control for optimal hardware and software energy efficiency.
* Dell Server Deployment Pack integrates with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to configure and deploy Dell PowerEdge servers and blades as an automated task through an easy-to-use graphical user interface, maximizing IT efficiency and productivity.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.