CA Compliance Experts to Present at the Compliance Week Conference 2009
Five Sessions to Feature CA Compliance Experts Rob Zanella and Patricia Prince-Taggart
ISLANDIA, N.Y. – CA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CA) today announced that Patricia Prince-Taggart, senior vice president, managing attorney and former deputy chief compliance officer, and Rob Zanella, vice president for IT compliance and security, will be participating in five separate sessions at the Compliance Week Conference 2009, taking place June 3-5, 2009 at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Zanella and Prince-Taggart will share insights and lessons learned based on their personal experiences overseeing compliance and risk management efforts for CA. They will address topics ranging from the effectiveness of ethics and compliance programs, to GRC best practices and techniques for leveraging IT for effective risk management. See below for the complete list of CA sessions, or to learn more about the conference and register visit https://www.complianceweek.com/page/525/annual-conference.
CA’s internal compliance experts will participate in the following sessions:
* “Addressing Effectiveness of Ethics, Compliance Programs,” Thursday, June 4 at 10:00 am ET. CA’s Patricia Prince-Taggart will join Jack Holleran, who leads Ernst & Young’s Corporate Compliance practice in this session to explore ways to measure program effectiveness, with an analysis of both qualitative and quantitative measures. In addition, this session will focus on the role of auditing, monitoring and reporting, practical considerations, as well as lessons learned.
* “Assessing your GRC Capability to make it Lean, Mean and Clean,” Thursday, June 4 at 10:00 am ET. CA’s Rob Zanella will participate in a panel session led by OCEG for a discussion on how companies can use program evaluation to “lean” their GRC capability for maximum efficiency and responsiveness.
* “Your Tactics: Measuring Program Effectiveness,” Thursday, June 4 at 11:30 am ET. In this small-group Conversation session, Ernst & Young’s Holleran and CA’s Prince-Taggart will talk with participants about their particular tactics, enabling attendees to compare, contrast, and share current practices regarding program effectiveness.
* “The Role of IT in Effective Risk Management,” Thursday, June 4 at 2:15 pm ET. This session featuring CA’s Zanella and Jacob Wilkins, information security officer for Appriss will focus on how IT can help enterprise risk management (ERM) executives monitor business process execution, and manage risk through comprehensive reporting and assessment. Successful ERM strategies require proper use of personnel, processes, and information technology; ERM leaders who leverage IT to their advantage are more likely to meet their ERM and business objectives.
* “IT and ERM and Your Company,” Thursday, June 4 at 3:45 pm ET. Following the 2:00 pm ET session, Zanella and Wilkins of Appriss will host a small-group Conversation on the challenges of implementing enterprise-wide risk management systems effectively and efficiently. Focusing on the issues of executives in the room, the session will explore the challenges that companies are encountering while attempting to meet their ERM and business objectives.
Additional Compliance Week Activities
Please visit CA booth number 6 in the exhibit hall where attendees will learn first-hand about CA Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Manager, recently launched with enhanced enterprise risk management capabilities. Visitors will also learn about new strategies to streamline their GRC efforts, including how companies are using CA GRC Manager to enable Lean IT. As enterprises look to reduce costs and streamline expenses in today’s economy, they need a solution that can help simplify and automate key compliance and risk management processes, eliminate redundant or overlapping processes, improve oversight of compliance activities, and improve the quality and transparency of critical compliance processes.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.