TNT’s Magic/Celtics Game #7 is Most Watched Second Round NBA Playoffs Game in Cable History
TNT’s exclusive coverage of Game 7 between the Orlando Magic @ Boston Celtics on Sunday, May 17, set a record as the most watched second round NBA Playoff game in cable television history in households (5,907,000), viewers (8,406,000) and key adult and male demos. The game scored a 5.2 US HH rating, based on Nielsen Fast Nationals, marking the highest rated game of the 2009 NBA Playoffs on broadcast or cable to date. The Orlando Magic overpowered the Boston Celtics, winning 101-82, to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
TNT continues to score with strong growth for its coverage of the 2009 NBA Playoffs including:
• Most watched Conference Semifinals round in cable television history in households (averaged 3,786,000) and total viewers (averaged 5,073,000), beating the previous high for the second round of the 2004 NBA Playoffs.
• TNT’s second round coverage averaged a 3.3 US HH rating for 13 games, up 14% over last year (14 games).
• Magic/Celtics Game #7 earned strong viewership in key demos including:
• A18-34 (2,558,000)
• A18-49 (4,770,000)
• A25-54 (4,565,000)
• M18-34 (1,800,000)
• M18-49 (3,322,000)
• M25-54 (3,156,000)
• To date, the NBA Playoffs on TNT are averaging a 2.6 US HH rating for 36 games, up 8% over last year (36 games).
• Key adult and male demos have seen strong growth across the board for TNT’s 2009 NBA Playoffs coverage versus last year (36 games):
• A18-34 +10% (1,248,000 vs. 1,134,000)
• A18-49 +10% (2,289,000 vs. 2,073,000)
• A25-54 +4% (2,140,000 vs. 1,876,000)
• M18-34 +4% (896,000 vs. 862,000)
• M18-49 +8% (1,627,000 vs. 1,510,000)
• M25-54 +13% (1,513,000 vs. 1,334,000)
TNT’s strong second round growth follows the network’s best first round ratings in cable television history, including the Game #7 showdown of the Chicago Bulls @ Boston Celtics that was the most watched Round One game in cable television history in households (5,017,000) and total viewers (6,987,000).
TNT’s exclusive coverage of the 2009 NBA Eastern Conference Finals will get underway on Wednesday, May 20 at 8 p.m. ET with 30-minute edition of NBA Tip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com with Ernie Johnson (host), Charles Barkley (analyst), Reggie Miller (analyst) and Kenny Smith (analyst). At 8:30 p.m. ET, LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers will host the Orlando Magic in Game #1 of the best-of-seven series. Calling the action will be Marv Albert (play-by-play) and Doug Collins (analyst) with Craig Sager reporting courtside.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.