Thomson Reuters Launches New PPC and AuditWatch Conferences in the U.S.
Providing In-depth Training on Current Topics for Accounting, Audit and Tax Professionals
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is offering six in-depth conferences (four of which are new for 2009) on current challenges facing accounting, auditing, and tax practitioners.
“Our PPC and AuditWatch conferences provide practitioners with ‘need to know’ information on how to help their clients become better prepared for today’s business climate. This year’s conferences include guidance, information and tools to increase practice efficiency, plus practical solutions to deal with real-world situations,” said Ken Koskay, senior vice president and general manager of CPE & Training at the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters. “Whether dealing with IFRS implementation or needing to be more efficient in their core accounting auditing, or tax responsibilities, practitioners will not want to miss our 2009 conference line-up.”
PPC and AuditWatch conferences available in 2009 include:
* PPC Conference on Tax Planning for Wealth Preservation – In this volatile economic environment, it is now more important than ever for practitioners to help their high-income clients preserve wealth. This conference will be held in San Francisco from July 21 – 22 and will be co-chaired by LarsonAllen principals Andrew Biebl and Robert Ranweiler. Sessions will help participants learn to effectively respond to individual income tax planning issues.
* New! AuditWatch National School for Audit Leaders — This new conference, held in Chicago from August 6 – 7, offers technical and non-technical sessions for professionals in management roles. Topics include leadership, practice development, communication, and other essential business skills. This is a capstone event for graduates of the popular AuditWatch University training program.
* New! PPC and AuditWatch Conference on Audit Quality and Efficiency — This new conference provides the knowledge, techniques, and tips to carry out an audit in an efficient manner. Held in Las Vegas from Oct. 1 – 2, sessions will include risk assessment, sampling, documentation, and project management. Harold Monk, chair of the AICPA Auditing Standards Board, will address participants as the keynote speaker.
* New! PPC and AuditWatch Conference on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) — Held in Las Vegas from Oct. 20 – 21, this new conference will address the current status of convergence efforts and key differences between U.S. GAAP and International Accounting Standards. The sessions will prepare the participant for providing an assessment of the impact to an organization.
* PPC Users’ Conference: Best Practices in Implementing the PPC Approach — This annual conference will focus on both audit and tax products. Held in New Orleans from Nov. 5 – 6, sessions will cover software and electronic solutions such as Checkpoint research, Checkpoint Tools, SMART Practice Aids, and Quickfinder.
* New! PPC and AuditWatch Conference on Accounting and Auditing Issues in Turbulent Times — The ever-changing world of accounting and auditing, coupled with additional rules and standards, provide great challenges for accountants and auditors. Sessions at this new conference, held in Washington from Dec. 3 - 4, will address estimating and auditing fair value, FIN 48, idle assets and impairment issues, debt, and business restructuring. Harold Monk, chair of the AICPA Auditing Standards Board, will be the keynote speaker.
These PPC and AuditWatch conferences are available to accounting and audit practitioners for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. Additional information on the conferences can be obtained by visiting http://www.trainingcpe.thomson.com/PPC or calling 800-231-1860.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people in 93 countries. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Tax & Accounting includes the Corporate Software & Services, Professional Software & Services, and Research & Guidance business groups.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.