Verizon Wireless Brings Latin American Fútbol Icons To Fourth Annual National Youth Soccer Clinics
18 U.S. Cities and Over 6,500 Youths Will Be Treated to Soccer Greats That Include “El Matador” and “El Pibe”
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless and some of Latin America’s greatest soccer legends are teaming up during Verizon Wireless’ fourth annual youth soccer clinics in 18 U.S. cities throughout spring and summer. Among the legends are former Mexican national team striker Luis “El Matador” Hernandez and former Colombian national team captain Carlos “El Pibe” Valderrama. Phoenix will kick-off this year’s schedule on April 26 with an appearance by “El Matador,” followed by a number of former national team players appearing in each clinic city to meet and sign autographs for youngsters.
Registration is free and open to youths five to 17 years old and will take place at local Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in each participating city. For registration locations, dates, times and full clinic details please visit www.alianzadefutbol.com.
“It’s always great to be out in the community and see the soccer stars of tomorrow,” said Ecuadorean soccer great Alex Aguinaga, who will make appearances in New York and Philadelphia. “I am very happy to join Verizon Wireless at these worthwhile clinics and to offer advice to the soccer stars of the future.”
Other soccer superstars expected to participate include: ex-Mexican national team midfielder Ramon Ramirez; four-time Mexican league champion and three-time Mexican national team member Alberto Garcia Aspe; one of Ecuador’s greatest footballers of all time Alex Aguinaga; Mexican Olympian Manuel Sol; six-time Argentine league champion Guillermo Barros Schelotto; and Mexican national team ex-goalkeeper Martin “El Pulpo” Zuñiga.
Leading the clinics will be legendary soccer clinic director “Soccer Tom” Mulroy, member of the first U.S. Youth National Team and official spokesperson for World Cup USA ’94. The three-hour clinics will include ball gymnastics, warm ups, ball control, overall soccer skills, and small sided games. Each participating youth will receive a soccer uniform, sports sack and water bottle.
Clinic cities, dates and guest soccer players are as follows:
Market: Clinic Date*, Guest Soccer Player*
* PHOENIX: April 26, Luis “El Matador” Hernandez
* HOUSTON: May 9, Ramon Ramirez
* DALLAS: May 24, Alberto Garcia Aspe
* MIAMI: May 31, Carlos “El Pibe” Valderrama
* ATLANTA: June 7, Carlos “El Pibe” Valderrama
* WASHINGTON, D.C.: June 14, Carlos “El Pibe” Valderrama
* NEW YORK: June 21, Alex Aguinaga
* NEWBURGH, N.Y.: June 27, Alex Aguinaga
* PHILADELPHIA: June 28, Alex Aguinaga
* BOSTON: July 5, Ricardo Peláez
* CHICAGO: July 12, Ramon Ramirez
* GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.: July 19, TBD
* MINNEAPOLIS: July 26, Manolo Sol
* DENVER: August 2, Guillermo Barros Schelotto
* KANSAS CITY, Mo.: August 9, Alex Aguinaga
* YAKIMA, Wash.: August 16, Martin “El Pulpo” Zuniga
* LOS ANGELES: August 23, Luis “El Matador” Hernandez
* SAN FRANCISCO: September 6, TBD
*Subject to change without notice
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.