Dell Unveils New Partnerships, Solutions and Tools to Improve Healthcare Efficiency and Patient Care and Reduce Cost
* Dell/Perot Systems Alliance provides integrated, virtual solutions.
* EMR Solutions eliminate paperwork and improve care.
* Mobile Clinical Computing Solutions improve access to patient info.
* IdeaStorm for Healthcare and Life Sciences now available.
Dell today announced new partnerships, solutions and tools to accelerate the adoption of Electronic Health and Medical Records and improve healthcare efficiency and patient care. These include an affordable, turnkey EMR and Clinical Practice Management solution for small medical practices provided by Sam’s Club and powered by Dell and eClinicalWorks; a Mobile Clinical Computing solution that puts technology in the hands of healthcare professionals for convenient and secure access to patient information at the point of care; and on-premise or hosted virtualized desktop, server, storage and EHR solutions that simplify solution deployment and reduce upfront investments through alliance with Perot Systems. These solutions are available initially in the U.S., with broader global roll-out this year. Dell also introduced new social media tools to engage the healthcare community in improving healthcare IT through collaboration and idea sharing.
* Strategic alliance with Perot Systems combines strengths of both companies to provide virtualized desktop, storage, server and EHR solutions for hospitals, health systems and physician practices—on premise or hosted off-site or in secure, private clouds.
Solutions meet the technology and budget needs of healthcare organizations and accelerate the adoption of Electronic Health Records.
* Sam’s Club announces details of their affordable, turnkey EMR and Clinical Practice Management package powered by Dell and eClinicalWorks for small medical practices to eliminate paperwork, help reduce medical errors and improve patient care.
Dell also provides customized EMR solutions for hospitals directly and via partnerships with leading EMR providers.
* Dell’s Mobile Clinical Computing Solution helps secure data, simplifies user and application management, delivers computing power that is customized according to user needs and gives medical professionals convenient access to patient information at the point of care for better decision-making.
Single sign-on and secure user authentication with smart cards lets healthcare professionals move freely within the facility without terminating the computing session or losing work.
On-demand desktop streaming keeps data secure in the data center; IT staff spends less time managing desktop applications.
* Dell IdeaStorm for HealthCare and Life Sciences launched today at HIMSS to encourage collaboration and idea sharing in the healthcare and IT communities on how to improve the delivery, efficiency and quality of healthcare using IT.
Community will share and vote on ideas. Dell will use the input to improve its healthcare solutions.
Dr. James Coffin, vice president and general manager, Dell Healthcare and Life Sciences:
“Healthcare organizations are serving more patients and processing more data than ever before. And they’re doing it with tighter budgets and tougher compliance guidelines. These partnerships and solutions help improve patient care, enhance efficiency and lower overall costs by simplifying access to information for clinical decision-making in the most secure manner possible.”
Frank Muehleman, vice president and general manager, Dell North America Business Group:
“These partnerships, solutions and tools demonstrate the benefits of organizing our company around specific customer segments. We are listening to our healthcare and life sciences customers and developing specific solutions to meet both their technology and budget needs.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.