Vusion Advances HD Video Streaming With Easy to Buy Online Packages
New Vusion VideoFlow Management Services Adds Simplicity, Affordability and The First Ever Loyalty Measurement Services
Silicon Valley, California – March 26, 2009 – Today Vusion demonstrates continued innovation in cloud-based video services by announcing easy-to-buy, web-based HD streaming video packages. These packages make it simple and affordable for small and medium businesses to offer HD from their websites. Vusion’s all new, version 3.0, VideoFlow Management System provides the foundation for simplicity, affordability and loyalty measurement services. Now, the power of Internet HD Video is available to all businesses, not just large media companies.
Any small and medium business that wants to profitably grow by capturing their unique expertise on HD video and sell access to that expertise on the Internet can buy packages at www.vusion.com starting at $35 per month. These new e-commerce packages allow companies to easily start uploading, managing and streaming full-screen HD video from their website today.
Vusion has innovated in the pricing approach for the new HD video packages. Most video hosting and distribution offerings are priced in gigabytes transferred or megabits per second. Instead, Vusion’s new packages are offered in buckets of hours. Each package provides a set number of hours of streaming, storage and encoding. This makes it much easier for a business to budget for their video costs by estimating the hours viewed and stored.
“While others are experimenting with HD video on the web, Vusion’s proven technology is working for many companies today,” said Rahul Sharma, VP of Engineering at Vusion. “All Internet HD video is not created equal.”
There are a number of things to look for when evaluating Internet HD video. These include:
• Color richness: Vusion’s FullVu player and HD services do a better job of maintaining the rich colors found in the original source file.
• Full-screen: To get the best possible viewing experience, full-screen has to be designed in from the start throughout the entire video distribution chain. The viewing experience is determined by the streaming services, the video player, the bandwidth and the power of the viewer’s computer. Vusion optimizes this entire chain to deliver outstanding full-screen experiences.
• Motion: Vusion’s services optimize fast moving video without jerky movements and pixilation found with other video streaming offerings.
• Seeking: Vusion’s customizable player allows viewers to click anywhere on the video players’ progress bar and instantly start playing at that point without buffering.
Vusion FullVu Player 3.0
Vusion’s newly updated FullVu Player 3.0 has many capabilities to deliver the best possible viewing experience for end users. These include:
• Fast full-screen switching: Quickly switch to full-screen without jerky video and sound.
• Content control: As videos are streamed, end users can’t repurpose Vusion video content by posting them on YouTube or other sites like they can with other video.
• Easy language switching: (audio and subtitles); Companies can extend their reach worldwide by adding new audio and subtitle tracks at anytime even after videos have been published. By right clicking when viewing, end users can select their language choice.
• Reach 95% of PCs and Macs: Reach 95% of broadband Internet enabled PCs and Macs while other HD players only play on high-end computers.
• Smoothrate switching: Vusion’s unique Smoothrate technology adapts the video bit-rates to the end-users’ computer resources and bandwidth available to drive the best possible viewing experience.
• Customization: Vusion customers can build custom play lists and skins to promote their brand.
Vusion VideoFlow Management System 3.0
The all-new Vusion VideoFlow 3.0 has many new capabilities. These include:
• Self-service wizard: Easily upload, customize and publish videos. Vusion customers don’t need to know anything about video technology to manage their own video content.
• Advanced video management: Create playlists, manage individual videos, video metadata, subtitles, keywords and other information.
• Role-based administration: Create multiple sub-accounts with different permissions for video content management.
• Reporting and analytics: See what videos are watched the most, including a geographic map of where they are watched. Select any time period to determine when and where videos are being watched.
Vusion Loyalty Measurement Services (LMS)
Vusion is the first company to pioneer the use of an end-user viewer loyalty survey and metrics to help companies understand emotional loyalty, not less impactful behavioral loyalty. The all-new service is pioneered by the work of Dr. Peter Wilton at the University of California at Berkeley. Please see the vusion.com website for a loyalty short course video from Dr. Wilton.
The new Loyalty Management Services include:
• Training on benefits of customer loyalty.
• Simple survey questions at the end of each video. Results are more reliable when surveying at the time of viewing.
• Consolidation of survey results into Dr. Wilton’s proprietary framework to help small and medium business begin to understand the linkage of loyalty to profitability.
Vusion HD Streaming Cloud
Vusion offers better experience and more affordable prices because Vusion has developed the technology for high performance video encoding, hosting and streaming. Vusion customers don’t need to buy separate CDN services. There are no “hidden charges” nor “surprise” complexities like most other video solutions.
• Vusion Cloud Encode: Supports almost all video formats for video encoding and transcoding.
• Vusion High Performance Streaming Server: 10 times higher streaming throughput than Flash streaming servers. Vusion Smart Video Replication assures that video is available everywhere for high performance on-demand streaming. The Vusion technology is firewall friendly in case end-users are watching from behind a corporate firewall or a home router.
• Vusion High Performance Media Storage: The Vusion High Performance Media Storage is a multi-tier storage architecture designed to exceed the demanding needs of HD video streaming for scalability, performance and ultimately the end-user experience. High Performance Media Storage clusters provide replication, redundancy and high availability.
• API Level Customization: FullVu player APIs allow for access to player controls, aspect ratio, sizing, language, modes, URLs and bit-rates. VideoFlow APIs allow for access to session management, reporting data, metadata, media storage, playlists, secure syndication, accounts and more.
New, Simplified Pricing
Vusion is now offering four pricing packages at http://www.vusion.com. Each package can be purchased by credit card and has a pre-set number of hours of streaming, storage and encoding. Prices start as low as $35 per month! There are no hidden fees for upfront charges. Customers can buy on a monthly, 6-month or annual plan with discounts for longer time periods. For customers that need larger packages, please call us for a quote at 866.995.4887 or 408.834.7777.
About Vusion, Inc.
Vusion provides Internet HD streaming cloud services to business. Those businesses in turn offer Vusion hosted video on their websites. Vusion has innovated in the entire video distribution chain to provide outstanding full-screen HD video experiences to 95% of all PCs and Macs on the Internet today. Vusion strives to offer the simplest, complete and most affordable HD video services without costly upfront or hidden costs. More information is available at http://www.vusion.com
- Contact Information
- Grover Righter
- Head of Sales & Marketing
- Vusion, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.