AT&T Opens New Experience Store in Johnson City
Customers Can Experience Array of AT&T Products and Services under One Roof
Johnson City, Tennessee.- This place has it all: 4,000-square-feet, music, video, games and the latest wireless phones. Customers can view, touch and experience anything in the store.
*AT&T announced a new way to shop for and experience an array of communications and entertainment services with the official opening of a new AT&T Experience StoreSM in Johnson City. The store is defined as a high-energy retail format that showcases AT&T’s complete set of products and services.
The new store, located at 1040 Hamilton Place Drive, is much larger than the typical wireless store. The free-standing store features a fully integrated media experience, showcasing AT&T’s complete provider profile by housing all of its products and services under one roof. Customers can try out products via several experience and personalization stations located throughout the store.
“The new opening in Johnson City creates more interest and demand in the technologies fueling today’s communications and entertainment services,” said Gregg Morton, president, AT&T Tennessee. “Our ongoing investments in Tennessee will ensure that our state has access to the advanced wireless products and services, as well as high-tech jobs that help drive economic growth.”
The 4,000-square-foot store will feature several new retail concepts, including four self-guided information kiosks. The kiosks include a rate plan recommendation tool that customers can use independently or with the assistance of an AT&T representative. The tool walks customers through a few simple questions and, based on their responses, will highlight the most appropriate rate plan. In addition to wireless phone plans, the kiosks also provide information on GoPhone®, wireless data access for laptops and smartphone data plans. New device filters allow customers to sort and compare devices and select the best device to fit their needs. For customer convenience, the store also has an automatic bill-payment station where customers can pay with either credit or cash.
“The AT&T Experience Store in Johnson City is what AT&T is all about,” said Jim Thorpe, vice president and general manager for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets for Tennessee and Kentucky. “All of the communications and entertainment products that consumers want are in one place and under one roof.”
The 4,000-square-foot store offers a comprehensive portfolio of advanced wireless products and services, all of which customers can experience throughout the store. These include:
* AT&T Home Connections. Customers can browse the Internet using AT&T services and customize AT&T Yahoo! home page portals.
* Entertainment and Style. Customers will be able to test-drive all of AT&T’s music offerings from Napster®, iTunes, eMusic, Music ID, Pandora and XM Satellite Radio on wireless phones, Bluetooth® headphones and Bluetooth external speakers. Customers can also transfer songs via a laptop or mobile phone. For the gamers, AT&T experts will show customers how to download games to wireless phones and laptops at this station. And, of course, customers can experience the Apple 3G iPhone at a specially designated area.
* Productivity Solutions. Geared toward road warriors, on-the-go customers and small business owners, this front-of-store station includes wireless phones, PDAs, smartphones with GPS and Bluetooth accessories. Customers can learn how to use e-mail and Microsoft applications on these devices, and they can get the hang of multimedia messaging and photo- and video-sharing capabilities.
* Talk, Text and Browse. Customers can browse the latest, coolest GoPhone and Push to Talk devices offered from AT&T, learn about AT&T’s extensive wireless service offerings and brush up on the latest text and video messaging directions.
“We are excited to have AT&T in Johnson City and the Tri-Cities area for our wireless communications needs,” said Sen. Rusty Crowe. “AT&T’s investment here builds on our reputation as a strong state with a good business climate.”
AT&T offers simple, competitively priced plans and a next-generation wireless network that provides the latest technology, including phones with greater functionality, a wide range of useful features, superior sound quality and high speed data connectivity.
Led by Store Manager Penny Ratliff, the store has a staff of 14 full-time professional retail sales consultants to guide consumers through product trials and purchasing decisions.
To celebrate the store grand opening, AT&T is hosting a ribbon cutting ceremony and open house at the store with the Johnson City Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday, March 25 at 10 a.m.
“It’s an exciting time to bring a new AT&T Experience Store to our community,” said Johnson City Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Gary Mabrey. “AT&T is delivering new products and services, along with cutting edge technology to Johnson City.”
Additionally, on Friday, March 27, WJHL-TV’s (ABC) “Daytime Tri-Cities” media personalities Morgan King and Amy Lynn will broadcast a segment from the store at 10 a.m. Radio station personalities from 95.9 WRZK-FM and 104.9 WKOS-FM will be on site conducting live remotes with prize giveaways on Saturday, March 28 from 12 p.m. until 2 p.m. and on Saturday, April 4, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. On Tuesday, April 14, 640-AM WXSM will broadcast their radio program from the store from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. along with the Tennessee Titans caravan featuring several Titans players and their 6-time Pro Bowl mascot T-Rac.
AT&T has 39 retail locations throughout Tennessee. The store hours of operation are Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday from 12 to 5 p.m. For more information, visit www.att.com.
* AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.