Nortel To Showcase New Unified Communications Capabilities at VoiceCon 2009
TORONTO - Nortel’s* [TSX: NT, OTC: NRTLQ] unified communications (UC) solutions have been proven to offer the best means of streamlining business operations with the ability to connect the right person with the right information instantaneously. The company today introduced new UC technologies that will be demonstrated at booth #808 at VoiceCon 2009 ** next week in Orlando.
Nortel will exhibit several UC solutions, including:
* Unified Management - Nortel innovations reduce IT costs with capabilities such as Unified Management, which allows enterprises to centrally-manage their end-to-end business communications and more easily migrate phone systems from TDM to IP. Applications designed to reduce operating costs will be demonstrated, including Unified Messaging with presence-features that shorten the decision-making cycle, as well as a suite of Healthcare applications that drive greatly improved communications, information security and tracking capabilities.
* Unified Communications - UC integrated with familiar desktop environments enable companies to increase productivity by allowing people to contact one another via more relevant applications. Nortel will demonstrate its Software Communication System solution along with the Communication Server 1000 ecosystem - (Microsoft/IBM). The company will also showcase communications-enabled business processes to speed and simplify operations with Nortel Agile Communication Environment integration across a number of solution areas. New Mobility Solutions will be showcased that enable true, anywhere, anytime communications that are integrated with the business network.
* web.alive * - For enhancing the customer and partner experience, Nortel will demonstrate the web.alive environment - a virtual world to serve e-commerce customers and improve on-line interaction and satisfaction. The company will also show how integrated Customer Contact and IVR solutions can reduce customer wait times, and improve comprehensive reporting and management functions.
Nortel executives will present and participate in the following events at VoiceCon:
* “Comparing UC Options and Vendors: Who’s Offering What?” Tony Rybczynski, leader, Unified Communications, Enterprise Solutions, Nortel. March 30, 1:30.
* “UC Leadership Roundtable: How Far Have We Come? What’s Next?” Phil Edholm, chief technology officer, Enterprise Solutions, Nortel. March 31, 2:30.
* “Presence: Dial Tone of the Future?” Rybczynski. March 31, 2:30.
* “I’m a Nortel Customer, What Should I Do Now?” Joel Hackney, president, Enterprise Solutions, Nortel. March 31, 4:00.
* “The Future of Voice Messaging,” Roger Brassard, leader, Enterprise Telephony, Enterprise Solutions, Nortel. April 1, 8:00.
* “Nortel’s Open UC Solutions,” Rybczynski. April 1, 12:45.
* “Four Flavors of Fixed-Mobile Convergence,” Christine McKenna, leader, Enterprise Fixed-Mobile Convergence, Enterprise Solutions, Nortel. April 1, 2:30.
* “VoiceCon Summit: Unified Communications,” Edholm. April 2, 10:00.
Nortel is a recognized leader in delivering communications capabilities that make the promise of Business Made Simple a reality for our customers. Our next-generation technologies, for both service provider and enterprise networks, support multimedia and business-critical applications. Nortel’s technologies are designed to help eliminate today’s barriers to efficiency, speed and performance by simplifying networks and connecting people to the information they need, when they need it. Nortel does business in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit Nortel on the Web at www.nortel.com . For the latest Nortel news, visit www.nortel.com/news .
Certain statements in this press release may contain words such as “could”, “expects”, “may”, “anticipates”, “believes”, “intends”, “estimates”, “targets”, “envisions”, “seeks” and other similar language and are considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities legislation. These statements are based on Nortel’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which Nortel operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict and the actual outcome may be materially different from those contemplated in forward-looking statements. For additional information with respect to certain of these and other factors, see Nortel’s Annual Report on Form10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, Nortel disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
*Nortel, the Nortel logo, web.alive and the Globemark are trademarks of Nortel Networks.
**This is a 3rd party link as described in our Web linking practices .
Use of the terms “partner” and “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership between Nortel and any other party.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.