AT&T U-verse TV Expands Ethnic Programming
AT&T* today announced several additions to the AT&T U-verseSM TV channel lineup, including new international programming for Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese and Korean viewers.
“We continue to make our U-verse TV channel lineup bigger and better so U-verse TV customers can watch the content they enjoy — in the language they want,” said Dan York, executive vice president of content and programming, AT&T Converged Services. “These new international channels help us with important strategic content initiatives and give us the opportunity to deliver even more programming to our diverse customer base.”
The new international channels that are now available for U-verse TV customers include:
* ET News, a 24-hour Mandarin news channel featuring daily reports from the United States on U.S. news, world news, Asia news and Taiwan domestic bulletins. Existing Mandarin Package customers will receive the channel at no additional charge on channel 3631. ET News is also available a la carte for $10 a month. (The Mandarin Package includes six channels for $35 a month.)
* ET Global, a Mandarin entertainment channel featuring celebrity talk shows, variety shows, made-for-television dramas and more. Existing Mandarin Package customers will receive the channel at no additional charge on channel 3632. ET Global is also available a la carte for $10 a month.
* STAR India PLUS, India’s No. 1 Hindi entertainment channel featuring popular family dramas, reality talent shows, news, the latest Bollywood movies and more. Existing South Asian Package customers will receive the channel at no additional charge on channel 3706. STAR India PLUS is also available a la carte for $12 a month. (The South Asian Package includes four channels for $35 a month.)
* TVBV, a 24-hour Vietnamese-dubbed TVB drama channel featuring non-stop entertainment including action, comedy, romance, sci-fi and more for the entire family. TVBV is available a la carte for $10 a month on channel 3664.
* MBC America, a 24-hour Korean broadcast network featuring popular dramas with English subtitles, children’s programs, award-winning documentaries, live news and variety shows. MBC America is available a la carte for $13 a month on channel 3643.
The new international channels can be added to any U-verse TV core programming package. U-verse TV offers several additional international subscription options, including Spanish, Filipino, Polish, Russian, French and Japanese programming.
The international channel additions follow a recent expansion of the U-verse TV High Definition (HD) channel lineup in early March. U-verse TV customers can now enjoy access to 100 or more HD channels — exceeding the HD channel lineups offered by the local cable providers in every U-verse TV market.
AT&T U-verse TV is the only 100 percent Internet Protocol-based television (IPTV) service offered by a national service provider, making AT&T U-verse one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today. AT&T U-verse TV ranked “Highest in Residential Television Service Satisfaction in the North Central, South, and West Regions,” according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Residential Television Service Provider Satisfaction StudySM.
For additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it’s available in your area — visit http://uverse.att.com. Customers can get more information about U-verse TV programming and television events by visiting http://uconnect.att.com.
* AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.