Nortel at CTIA Wireless 2009: Mobile Broadband, Innovative Applications and the Evolution of Wireless Communications
LAS VEGAS - Nortel* [TSX: NT, OTC: NRTLQ] invites attendees of CTIA Wireless 2009 ** (April 1-3, 2009 in Las Vegas) to visit with our executives and other experts to discuss mobile broadband, carrier applications, and the evolution of wireless communications.
Generation after generation Nortel has been at the forefront of wireless innovation and the company continues to be a driving force in shaping the world of communications. At CTIA, Nortel experts across wireless technologies - GSM , CDMA , LTE - and carrier applications will be available to discuss hot topics such as:
* The mobile broadband experience of tomorrow - what consumers will expect in the future
* Turning Carrier VoIP and multimedia applications into revenues with services like Fixed Mobile Convergence for businesses and consumer services that integrate mobile communications with social networking and popular home entertainment devices.
* Getting the most out of today’s wireless networks as the evolution to next generation wireless begins
* All about LTE - when will it really go commercial, why does the industry need it, and how do you make money with it?
LTE Demonstration with LG Electronics
Nortel will also be working with LG Electronics ** at CTIA Wireless to demonstrate LTE performance. LTE delivers an enhanced mobile broadband experience to support real-time multimedia applications while offering carriers a low total cost of ownership. The demonstration at LG Electronics’ booth will showcase Nortel’s end-to-end, commercial grade LTE solution and the world’s smallest LTE data card from LG Electronics. Our combination of advanced LTE network infrastructure and devices is being demonstrated in preparation to support early entrants to the LTE market.
Nortel Speakers at CTIA
* Vish Nandlall, CTO of Carrier Networks at Nortel will speak about the technology behind Femtocells and how they can improve the delivery of mobile broadband services by boosting the range and capacity of wireless networks, and help ensure a truly reliable, high-bandwidth experience. This is part of a panel discussion is called Femtocells - Relatively New Vocabulary that is Changing Mobile Coverage **, and will be held on April 1, 2009 from 4:00 PM to 5:15 PM in room S222
* Sita Lowman, director of Carrier VoIP and Applications Solution product marketing at Nortel will discuss how service providers can simply, securely, and cost-effectively use applications in their networks to generate increases revenues through an improved user experience. This is part of a panel discussion called The Application Platform - Network Level Strategy ** on Thursday, April 2 from 1:00 PM to 2:15 PM
Nortel Booth Location: Las Vegas Convention Center at Booth #7538 in Hall C-4
Follow Nortel news from CTIA on Buzzboard , Nortel’s news blog, or at www.nortel.com/news .
Nortel is a recognized leader in delivering communications capabilities that make the promise of Business Made Simple a reality for our customers. Our next-generation technologies, for both service provider and enterprise networks, support multimedia and business-critical applications. Nortel’s technologies are designed to help eliminate today’s barriers to efficiency, speed and performance by simplifying networks and connecting people to the information they need, when they need it. Nortel does business in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit Nortel on the Web at www.nortel.com . For the latest Nortel news, visit www.nortel.com/news .
Certain statements in this press release may contain words such as “could”, “expects”, “may”, “anticipates”, “believes”, “intends”, “estimates”, “targets”, “envisions”, “seeks” and other similar language and are considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities legislation. These statements are based on Nortel’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which Nortel operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict and the actual outcome may be materially different from those contemplated in forward-looking statements. For additional information with respect to certain of these and other factors, see Nortel’s Annual Report on Form10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, Nortel disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
*Nortel, the Nortel logo and the Globemark are trademarks of Nortel Networks.
**This is a 3rd party link as described in our Web linking practices .
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.