New General Dynamics Itronix GD8000 Notebook takes “Rugged” to the Next Level
Ready-for-anything, GD8000 computer boots cold, runs fast and hits the dirt without losing performance or data
Spokane Valley, Wash. – The new GD8000 notebook computer by General Dynamics Itronix is now available for military personnel, field service workers and first responders who require high-performance computing while working in extreme temperatures, humidity, dust and rain-soaked environments.
“Our customers told us that to perform their mission-critical duties, they needed a notebook that was more rugged, had longer battery run-time and was equipped with a display they could see in all lighting conditions. We responded by producing the GD8000, a unit with the industry’s best drop protection, rain resistance, battery run-time and display viewability,” said John Schneider, business unit director for General Dynamics Itronix.
Engineered to operate in extreme conditions, the GD8000 kept working after multiple 42-inch drops onto a hard surface, operated in the rain for more than four hours and successfully booted-up in freezing and scorching temperatures. Powered by the Intel® low-voltage Core2Duo processing architecture, the GD8000 is housed in a user-friendly, ergonomic casing with a 13.3-inch DynaVue® touchscreen display. The GD8000 delivers uncompromising performance from command centers, to helicopters, to tactical vehicles and everywhere in between.
GD8000 specifications overview
* Magnesium chassis and impact absorbing polycarbonate casing
* Hazardous Location Class 1 Division 2 (UL 1604)
* Operating temperature from -22ºF to 140ºF
Meets MIL-STD 810F including:
* Drop test from 42 inches onto plywood over concrete; 26 drops/1 unit
* Watertight – 30 gallons of water blown at 40 mph over 4 hours while the unit is operating
* 13.3” DynaVue touchscreen display for outdoor/direct sunlight viewability
* Intel® Core™ 2 Duo SL9400 processor, 120 GB hard-drive, 4 GB memory (DDR III)
* Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
* Ergonomic design, weighs 7.9 pounds fully-equipped
* Optional backlit keyboard
* Integrated Gobi 2000 WWAN ready
* 10-hour battery life
* Integrated GPS and wireless connectivity with Wi-Fi (WLAN), optional high-powered WLAN and Bluetooth
* Fingerprint reader, Smartcard
* Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 and optional embedded Computrace® software
* EnergyStar® and EPEAT™ certified
General Dynamics Itronix is a leading developer of wireless, rugged computing solutions for mobile workers, offering a full range of field computing systems including laptops, ultra mobile notebook PCs and tablet PCs. The company is part of General Dynamics C4 Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD). Additional information is available at www.gd-itronix.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.