NETGEAR Showcases Broad Range of Innovative Home and Business Solutions at CeBIT Trade Fair
New Products Employ Innovative Technologies to Address Growing Demand for Entertainment, Mobility, Storage, Switching and Security
HANNOVER, Germany . — At the CeBIT trade show opening tomorrow, NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQGM: NTGR), a worldwide provider of technologically innovative, branded networking solutions, will demonstrate its newest product offerings for consumers, prosumers, service providers, and Small- to Medium-Sized Businesses (SMBs). NETGEAR will showcase brand-new innovations in security, switching and storage, as well as its latest devices to support entertainment and mobile networking. NETGEAR will be in Hall 13, Stand C58 at CeBIT, which is the world’s largest trade fair focused on information technology and telecommunications. The company’s additional CeBIT-related news announcements can be found at http://www.netgear.com/About/PressReleases.aspx.
“As Europe remains a vast and important region for us, CeBIT offers us a vital venue for introducing new solutions and connecting with international consumers, business customers, and technology and channel partners,” said Patrick Lo, founder and CEO of NETGEAR. “At this year’s show, we’re introducing our broadest portfolio ever of new products and services. We’re continuously innovating with breakthrough technologies and ideas to meet our customers’ demand for affordable, easy to use, and high quality solutions for security, storage, switching, entertainment and mobility.”
Let NETGEAR Entertain You
At CeBIT, NETGEAR will demonstrate two exciting Internet-connected set-top boxes launched at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show. (See http://www.netgear.com/Products/Entertainment.aspx?for=All.)
* NETGEAR’s upcoming Internet TV Player (ITV2000) enables viewers to catch up on the world of Internet video conveniently on their living room TV set. It’s a compact, easy-to-use, “plug in and go” Internet set-top device with remote control that does not require a PC to configure or use. It streams content from many of the world’s most popular Internet sites, as well as certain premium paid movies on demand, downloaded video, and content stored on USB storage devices. Its superior video search capabilities enable the intelligent search of Internet videos, including targeting video sites by country, topic of interest, person or popular website.
* An ideal solution for serious media enthusiasts, NETGEAR’s Digital Entertainer Elite (EVA9150) is the most powerful and flexible digital media player available, incorporating the latest video, audio and 802.11n wireless technologies to deliver an unparalleled living room experience. Consumers can play Blu-Ray quality digital video, high-resolution digital photos, MP3s and recorded television shows, in addition to a wide variety of Internet content, all on their TVs. It offers an integrated 500GB hard drive while two USB ports also enable instant access to content on other storage devices.
Different Needs, Different Wireless Routers
Three sleek, versatile, feature-rich wireless routers are among the highlights in the NETGEAR booth at CeBIT. They’re designed to fulfill the unique lifestyle needs of different customer segments — for people on the go as well as consumers and prosumers looking to upgrade their network environments and take full advantage of a growing number of bandwidth-hungry applications, online gaming, and HD video streaming. (See http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways.aspx?for=Home+Networking.)
* For consumers and professionals on the go, NETGEAR’s new 3G Mobile Broadband Wireless Router (MBR624GU) enables users to create an instant WiFi hotspot simply by plugging in any compatible 3G USB modem to the router. It’s ideal for sharing a 3G broadband Internet connection virtually anywhere — a satellite or temporary office, construction site, emergency center, hotel, vacation home, campsite, or even from a moving recreational vehicle.
* The RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router (WNDR3700), named a “Best of Innovations” at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show, incorporates a powerful 680 MHz MIPS processor, high performance power amplifiers and eight ultra sensitive metamaterial antennas – resulting in faster wired to wireless throughput and long range wireless coverage as well as a versatile USB storage access.
* NETGEAR’s RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Modem Router (DGND3300) integrates an ADSL2+ modem along with a Dual Band Wireless Router, and can also be configured as a wireless repeater to double the range. It’s perfect for DSL customers who want a single integrated wireless router and DSL modem device for all of their growing networking needs.
Alternative Technologies for In-Home Networking
At CeBIT, NETGEAR will highlight a variety of products that take advantage of the existing wires in a home to deliver fast, reliable network connections to support bandwidth-intensive applications like HD video streaming; networked attached storage and console gaming. (See http://www.netgear.com/Products/PowerlineNetworking.aspx?for=Home+Networking.)
* The NETGEAR Powerline AV Adapter Kit with 4-Port Ethernet Switch (XAVB1004), an Innovations Award winner at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show, enables consumers to carry high-speed data network traffic on their existing electrical wiring – using affordable adapters that are simple to install.
* Providing wireless speeds of up to 300 Mbps, the NETGEAR Wireless-N MoCA® Router (WNMR834) enables data and real-time multimedia content like HD video or VoIP to reach every coax outlet in the house. It integrates with the NETGEAR Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit (MCAB1001), which turns existing in-home cable TV outlets into Fast Ethernet outlets.
Store, Share, Protect
New at CeBIT, the ReadyNAS® Vault service augments NETGEAR’s award-winning ReadyNAS storage product line by enabling consumers and SMBs to protect critical data in the wake of a disaster or disruption. ReadyNAS Vault is an easy-to-use, cost-effective online backup service built right into all ReadyNAS systems. Consumers and SMBs can regularly and securely copy data to a world-class storage facility and can recover data from any web browser and any Internet location. (See other press release issued today.) More information on ReadyNAS products and the ReadyNAS Vault service can be found at (http://www.readynas.com).
CeBIT demonstrations will incorporate multiple switches for SOHO and small- to medium-sized businesses from NETGEAR’s broad spectrum of offerings in this product category. Smart, Managed and Unmanaged switches figure amongst the booth displays, including several additions to NETGEAR’s highly regarded ProSafe® series that are launching at the show.
* NETGEAR is enhancing its unmanaged series of network switches for SMBs to incorporate new hardware that can reduce power consumption by as much as 52 percent. NETGEAR is applying these green system enhancements to the ProSafe JGS5xx Series of 16- and 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switches, the ProSafe GS1xx Series of 5- and 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switches, and the GS6xx Series of 5- and 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switches. (See other press release issued today.) More information on NETGEAR’s product families of switches is at (http://www.netgear.com/Products/Switches.aspx?for=Business+Networking).
* Also new at CeBIT are NETGEAR’s three additions to its ProSafe FSM Series of managed, Layer 2 Fast Ethernet switches, each delivering a different level of port density and mix of features to accommodate growing businesses with more than 200 concurrent users. The ProSafe FSM7226RS and FSM7250RS are low-cost, fully managed 24-port and 48-port switches with auto-sensing 10/100 ports and two Gigabit Ethernet ports. The ProSafe FSM726E is a 24-port managed switch that delivers all the advanced features of the RS models without the ability to stack and static routing. (See other press release issued today.) More information is at (http://www.netgear.com/Products/Switches/FullyManaged10_100Switches.aspx).
New Security Against Threats
CeBIT is also providing the first public unveiling of NETGEAR’s recently announced ProSecure™ STM Series of Web and Email Threat Management Appliances (STM150, STM300 and STM600) for SMBs with up to 600 concurrent users. Enterprise-class technologies differ from cheaper alternate solutions by protecting all of a particular threat type as opposed to covering only a small subset of it. However, these technologies are oftentimes processor hungry and require expensive hardware to run effectively. NETGEAR’s STM family of appliances is the first to solve this problem with its patent-pending Web-optimized Stream Scanning architecture. As the foundation upon which the STM Series is built, NETGEAR’s Stream Scanning Technology enables the use of enterprise-class detection techniques while maintaining high throughput. NETGEAR has also partnered with industry leading Kaspersky Lab and Commtouch to bring best-in-class Web and email scanning technology engines to the STM platform. Running on top of the Stream Scanning platform, these engines work in parallel with the NETGEAR heuristics engine to protect against known and unknown threats.
The ProSecure STM Series sets a new bar for SMB security management. The STM deploys in-line in a matter of minutes, anywhere behind the network firewall. It runs automatically and unobtrusively. There is no need to reconfigure mail servers or web proxies, unlike traditional proxy-based security solutions. Administration is performed through an intuitive Web-based interface. SMBs can set granular policies and alerts, check summary statistics and graphical reports, drill down to IP address-level data, and integrate log data with standard network management tools such as SNMP. (See http://www.netgear.com/Products/ProSecure/STM.aspx.)
NETGEAR Executives Speak Out at CeBIT
Attendees at the WIRELESSWorld@CeBIT conference co-located with the main trade show will have the opportunity to benefit from three talks to be given by executives from NETGEAR’s European offices.
* Wednesday, March 4, “Optimizing Wireless LAN Deployment and Management for Growing SMB Environments,” with Laurent Masia, NETGEAR’s director of EMEA Product Marketing;
* Friday, March 6, “Finding the Right Fit for Your SMB,” also with Laurent Masia; and
* Friday, March 6, “Femtocells: Extending Mobile Operators’ Advanced Service Offerings,” with Robert MacKinnon, NETGEAR’s manager for Global Service Provider Products.
NETGEAR’s products can be experienced in Hall 13, Stand C58 of the Hannover Exhibition Hall through Sunday, March 8.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.