ALPINE ELECTRONICS announces new pricing for PND-K3 portable navigation device with BLUETOOTH
TORRANCE, Calif.– The market for portable navigation devices (PND) is more competitive than ever. In response to market changes, Alpine Electronics of America, Inc., the industry-leading manufacturer of automotive mobile media solutions, today announced a price reduction for its top-rated PND-K3 all-in-one portable navigation plus Bluetooth® hands-free system to $199.95 at participating authorized retailers in the U.S.
“When we first introduced the PND-K3, the pricing was competitive for the market and for the device’s robust feature offering. As the marketplace has changed in the last few months, we are adjusting the price to meet consumer demand for a full-featured product at a better value,” said Stephen Witt, vice president, marketing.
The PND-K3 offers consumers some of the best navigation technology on the road. To better maintain a moving car’s location on the map even in areas where it’s difficult to receive GPS signals, such as in a tunnel, around tall buildings or under heavy foliage, the PND-K3’s OnPoint™ Advanced GPS Positioning provides optimal vehicle tracking. OnPoint simultaneously uses three technologies – satellite-linked global positioning data, solid-state gyro sensor technology (to measure the vehicle’s direction) and accelerometer technology (to measure the vehicle’s speed). The result is highly accurate, continuous vehicle positioning in almost any location, for advanced navigation performance.
The PND-K3 also features:
* Built-in Bluetooth for convenient hands-free phone calls when connected to compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices
* Total touch screen control via a large, sunlight-readable 4.3-inch display that ensures clear visibility in any lighting condition
* Simple and intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) with big, bright icons, large buttons and easy-to-understand screen graphics
* Natural-sounding voice text-to-speech announcements that deliver turn-by-turn driving instructions, street and highway exit names
* New assistive mapping visuals that offer essential driving information, such as Highway Junction View (which distinctly indicates the correct lane to use at a junction split) and One-Way Street Icons for clear notification of one-way streets
* 6 million points of interest (POIs), which include restaurants, hotels, gas stations, movie theaters and grocery stores
* Preloaded NAVTEQ® maps of the United States and Canada, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands
* Built-in SD card slot that enables playback of WMA/MP3 music files
* Customizable map and menu color schemes with eight different color options, enabling drivers to personalize the look of their PND-K3 to match their vehicle’s instrumentation lighting
The PND-K3 includes a compact cradle to conveniently attach the device to the windshield or dashboard. The cradle uses a ball-and-joint socket, allowing the driver to easily and precisely position the device for the best viewing angle. The PND-K3’s built-in loudspeaker allows voice instructions, music and incoming Bluetooth calls to be heard loud and clear.
The Alpine PND-K3 portable navigation system is available now at authorized Alpine dealers. To locate a North American retailer, please visit the store locator at: www.alpine-usa.com
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.