UPS Enhancements Keep Yahoo! Small Business Merchants Clicking
Update Streamlines Returns and International Shipping
ATLANTA - UPS (NYSE:UPS) today announced new enhancements to the e-commerce solutions used by Yahoo! Small Business merchants to make international shipping and item returns easier for their customers.
The online enhancements now available include:
* International Forms - To make it easier for Merchants Solutions customers to complete required forms for international orders online during order processing.
* Paperless Invoices - To give Yahoo! merchants the option to submit commercial invoices electronically, expediting custom clearance while reducing the potential for international holds as well as saving ink and paper.
* Returns - To help Yahoo! merchants simplify the returns process for their customers by providing UPS returns labels or requesting pickups.
* Residential/Commercial Address Classification - To ensure accurate shipping charges for customers and increase customer satisfaction.
“With the help of UPS, we now provide small businesses with an even broader set of innovative shipping and tracking tools to improve their productivity and customer satisfaction worldwide,” said Kevin Krim, vice president of product and strategy, Yahoo! Small Business.
“Our premier technologies combined with UPS’s renowned reliability enable online retailers of all sizes to provide the type of service and solutions that consumers expect from ’big’ online retailers,” said Jordan Colletta, vice president of customer technology marketing at UPS.
Yahoo! Small Business merchants have access to UPS OnLine® Tools in Yahoo!’s order management system. Those tools include:
* Shipping - To process shipments and print labels.
* Tracking - To allow package tracking by both merchants and their customers.
* Rates and Service Selection - To allow Yahoo! merchants real-time access to UPS shipping rates for their customers.
* Time in Transit - To compare the speed of different UPS shipping services.
* Address Validation - To ensure that shipping addresses are correct at the time of order and to reduce costly delayed and returned shipments.
In addition, high volume Yahoo! merchants have access to import and export processing with UPS WorldShip®, eliminating address key entry and allowing merchants to easily download customer orders. WorldShip is full-featured, Windows-based shipping software designed for customers with high-volume shipping needs. With more than 550,000 installations worldwide, WorldShip is one of the most widely deployed transportation software applications in the world.
In addition to the integration for Yahoo! Small Business merchants, UPS Tracking, Rates & Service and Time in Transit Tools are available for general business and individual use within the Yahoo! Small Business Shipping Center at www.smallbusiness.yahoo.com.
UPS (NYSE: UPS) is the world’s largest package delivery company and a global leader in supply chain and freight services. With more than a century of experience in transportation and logistics, UPS is a leading global trade expert equipped with a broad portfolio of solutions. Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., UPS serves more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the Web at www.UPS.com. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com/RSS.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.