TANDBERG Network Infrastructure Products Ready for the New Way of Working
New TANDBERG Video Communication Server and Management Suite software updates allow scalable deployment and easier management of personal video applications
NEW YORK and OSLO, Norway. – TANDBERG (OSLO: TAA.OL) today announced software enhancements for its network infrastructure products, TANDBERG Video Communication Server (VCS) and TANDBERG Management Suite (TMS). Companies looking for more efficient teamwork and strengthened customer relationships are deploying video on a wide scale, requiring solutions that are robust yet simple to manage. VCS software version X4.1 and TMS software version 12.1 boast new features that ease enterprise deployments of personal video applications, such as TANDBERG’s soon-to-be-released E20 video IP phone and Movi PC video, by making the video network more intelligent and easier to manage.
The award-winning TANDBERG VCS is a powerful, highly scalable network platform that enables thousands of video endpoints to easily and securely connect within and outside of an organization. It is designed to work with any standards compliant H.323 or SIP device, enabling companies to leverage existing and next generation video and unified communications technologies. VCS, combined with the robust diagnostic and network management capabilities of TMS, eases mass deployment and management of personal video applications in a highly scalable environment.
In these challenging economic times, companies are being forced to reduce travel, and limit partner meetings, customer events and employee gatherings. At the same time, a new way of working is required that enables an increased level of global collaboration. The need for advanced network infrastructure products like VCS and TMS to support scalable video communication has never been greater. With these products, companies can transform their organizations by enabling employees at all levels to meet face-to-face at a moment’s notice, resulting in increased knowledge-sharing and collaboration.
“As companies strive to do more with less, providing everyone with ad hoc access to video increases collaboration and innovation while saving time and travel,” said Håkon Dahle, Chief Technologist, TANDBERG. “A strong and flexible network infrastructure is essential for full scale deployment of personal video across the enterprise. VCS and TMS have set a new standard for bringing scalability and redundancy to video communications, simplifying enterprise-wide video deployment while reducing the burden on support staff.”
TANDBERG VCS Software Version X4.1 includes:
• Multiway™ - Enables TANDBERG video endpoints to initiate ad hoc multiparty calls.
• Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Version R2 – VCS is now interoperable with Office Communications Server 2007 R2 and allows standards based H.323 video communications devices to advertise presence to Office Communicator 2007 MOC clients.
• Video Network Manager’s Toolkit - A series of features designed to make the TANDBERG video network more intelligent and easier to manage and deploy. Features include enhanced security, network loop detection, static NAT support, capacity warnings, VCS cluster replication and more.
TANDBERG TMS Software Version 12.1 includes:
• Provisioning Directory - Enhances ease and efficiency of video deployments by allowing administrators to define and control user accounts, provide phonebooks and control configurations for Movi clients. The Provisioning Directory Interface can also import from Microsoft Active Directory, allowing for quick and efficient video deployment to thousands of users.
• TMS Agent - Provides a distributed and redundant solution for Movi users making highly scalable deployments more effective and easier to manage.
Software upgrades for VCS and TMS are now available through existing service agreements. Both products employ automatic software upgrades to ensure the latest software is in use at all times to provide investment protection and immediate user access to the latest features and functionality. For more information, please visit www.TANDBERG.com or contact moreinfo@TANDBERG.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.