Agilent Technologies to Demonstrate Monitoring, Troubleshooting Solution Designed to Retain Voice Customers while Moving to MSS
Easy-to-use QoS Analyzer and Session Trace Speed, Ease Migration to Low-cost MSS, Protect the 80 Percent of Revenue Derived from Voice
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced it will demonstrate - here at Mobile World Congress -- its new end-to-end monitoring and integrated troubleshooting solution for Mobile Softswitch Networks (MSS) networks and the Voice over IP (VoIP) services they deliver. The solution is designed to help mobile operators retain voice customers while moving to MSS.
To stay competitive, wireless carriers worldwide are transitioning to VoIP, which allows them to add lucrative new data services and cut operating costs by as much as 70 percent. However, the complications of MSS technology and its interaction with circuit-switched networks often cause configuration and interworking problems that degrade voice services. Voice services still account for about 80 percent of operator revenue. Agilent’s MSS solution speeds and eases the transition, and prevents customer churn by preserving service quality. The system is one of many Agilent “Measurement Solutions for a Mobile World.”
Agilent’s solution provides comprehensive metrics to measure call performance, protocol interworking and voice quality. Users can quickly spot performance degradation and trends of degradation; move from alerts to troubleshooting with a few mouse clicks; and proactively fix problems before customers complain and significant revenue is lost. The system has already been deployed by two major carriers, one in Europe and one in the Middle East.
“MSS lets carriers dramatically cut costs and also offer a complete communications package of voice and data services, but this opportunity can create problems,” said Todd Biddle, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Network Solution Division. “We’ve seen MSS installations leave wireless subscribers waiting 13 seconds for call ringtones; we’ve seen network outages cost operators $162,000 a day and infuriate customers. Consumers accustomed to reliable service will find this degradation unacceptable and leave. Agilent’s MSS solution helps operators keep voice customers happy, cut infrastructure costs and protect revenues.”
The MSS solution consists of two integrated components, the QoS Analyzer and Session Trace. Features and capabilities of the QoS Analyzer include:
* More than 300 easily configured key performance indicators that cover all call procedures and interfaces, enabling comprehensive management of voice quality, soft switch infrastructure, protocol interworking with circuit-switched networks and customer experience.
* Comprehensive thresholds that ensure users are not overwhelmed by false alerts. Thresholds are keyed to baselines established by extrapolating from the network’s actual past traffic and quality levels.
* An extremely flexible and easy-to-use graphical interface.
Session Trace is generally recognized as the industry’s leading tracing tool.
Key features and capabilities of MSS Session Trace include:
* End-to-end troubleshooting across multiple technologies that delivers the fastest fault-to-fix time in the industry.
* A user-friendly graphical interface that simplifies information so that personnel without technical expertise can effectively diagnose problems and send reports to experts and others.
* Users can send an e-mail that links to the complete Session Trace information in the original Web browser.
With these capabilities, Agilent’s integrated MSS solution enables operators to reap the financial and service-delivery benefits from MSS and still provide high service quality and a consistently satisfactory subscriber experience.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.