Heineken N.V. announces new Group Human Resources Director
Amsterdam – Heineken N.V. today announced the appointment of Michael O’Hare as Group Human Resources Director.
Mr. O’Hare is currently Chief Personnel Officer, Asia-Pacific for PepsiCo International based in Hong Kong. In his 13-year career with PepsiCo, Mr. O’Hare has also held senior HR roles in the USA within both Head Office and operating business units.
Originally from Northern Ireland, Mr. O’Hare will take up his new role on 4 May 2009, reporting to Jean-François van Boxmeer, Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO of Heineken N.V. He will become a member of the company’s Executive Committee.
Mr. O’Hare succeeds Frans van der Minne, who will, as planned, assume a new role focused on further developing the company’s strategic customer relationships around the world. Mr. van der Minne will continue to report to Jean-François van Boxmeer although the new position will not form part of the Executive Committee.
Commenting on the changes, Jean François van Boxmeer said, “I am delighted to welcome Michael to Heineken. Michael is an outstanding HR professional with a proven track record in harnessing the potential of employees in order to deliver high performance. He is the right candidate to lead a new HR agenda and build on the considerable achievements of Frans and his team. I look forward to working with both Michael and Frans in their new roles.”
* Michael spent 13 years working with PepsiCo International in a variety of very senior HR roles.
* Michael is currently based in Hong Kong, China where he is Chief Personnel Officer Asia Pacific for PepsiCo International since 2007. He is in charge of the company’s strategic HR agenda across more than 40 separate businesses and joint ventures.
* From 2004-2007, he held the function of Chief Personnel Office/VP Greater China for PepsiCo International.
* Between 2000 and 2004, he worked for Frito-Lay, a PepsiCo division. First, he was the Human Resources Director for the Florida region (Orlando) and then moved on to become the VP Human Resources Field Sales East (Dallas).
* He started his career in the USA in 1996, as Human Resources Manager for the Pepsi Cola Company North America in Boston. Between 1998-2000, he was Human Resources Director at PepsiCo’s World Headquarters in New York.
* Prior to joining PepsiCo, Michael spent six years in banking and accounting. He worked for Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch and Pannell Kerr Foster.
* Michael holds a Bachelor of Accountancy degree from the University of Dundee, Scotland and a Master of Economics from the London School of Economics. He also has an MBA from the University of Chicago, USA.
* Michael is originally from Northern Ireland and was born on 26 September 1967. He is married and has two children.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.