Johnson Controls Encourages a More Comfortable, Safe and Sustainable World at AHR Expo
Individuals and companies encouraged to take action and save energy -- now!
MILWAUKEE .- Johnson Controls, Inc. (NYSE: JCI), the global multi-industrial leader in energy efficiency and sustainability, is showcasing products that contribute to a more comfortable, safe and sustainable world at AHR Expo, Jan. 26-28 in Chicago.
The company is reinforcing the message that efficiency is the first step toward sustainability and a solution everyone can act on today. The company’s exhibit will highlight technologies and projects that help make environments--at work or at home--more energy efficient now. Highlights include:
* Johnson Controls Commercial Comfort Systems: Featuring factory-installed controls and factory-configured components that offer design-build contractors simple installation, a compact footprint, design flexibility, energy efficiency and use of environmentally responsible R-410A refrigerant, the new Series 10 unit with integrated controls is ideal for light-commercial and commercial applications.
* The York® Affinity™ 33-inch, variable-speed modulating gas furnace: Recognized as a 2008 Consumers Digest Best Buy and an AHR Innovation Award Winner, the York Affinity is the industry’s most efficient gas furnace, achieving up to 98 percent Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) --the highest AFUE rating in the heating, ventilating and air-conditioning industry (HVAC), according to Johnson Controls.
* Metasys® Sustainability Manager: Customers are seeking, and Johnson Controls is committed to providing, integration of a myriad of operating systems throughout the enterprise into a single information source. The Metasys Sustainability Manager allows the convergence of IT and building management systems, providing greater information on the impact these systems have on facilities, helping to identify measures to fine-tune building systems and lower energy use.
* Refrigeration Controls Products: The Johnson Controls/PENN brand of refrigeration controls is introducing three new sustainable products: the P266 condenser fan speed control, System 450™ modular electronic controls and the V246/V248 water valve. PENN also marks its 90th year in business in 2009.
“The individuals who design, build, own and operate buildings are paying more and more attention to the effect their facility has on the environment -- energy efficiency is extremely important,” said Allen Martin, vice president and general manager--systems business of Johnson Controls, “We provide products, services and solutions to help companies implement efficiency measures now--because it has never been more important.”
In recent months, Johnson Controls has launched a variety of other measures to encourage energy efficiency, including:
* Greenprint: Launched at Greenbuild 2008, Greenprint is an online tool from Johnson Controls, in conjunction with the National Resources Defense Council (NRDC), that will help consumers and businesses assess and improve levels of personal sustainability at home, at work and on the road. Visit www.MyGreenprint.org for additional information.
* LEED Training Program: Johnson Controls is raising the bar as an industry leader with a new global training program that will result in 800 LEED® accredited Johnson Controls employees worldwide by October 2009. The program will train 500 salespeople in North America and 300 in other areas of the world.
* Building Efficiency Lifetime Leadership (BELL) Award: The annual award will honor leadership in energy efficiency and sustainability in the following categories: Lifetime Achievement, Energy Policy, Energy Efficient Product Development, and Leadership in Energy Efficiency Communications. For more information or to submit a nomination, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.