New Release of CA ERwin® Data Modeling Suite Brings Integrated Data Profiling, Data Modeling and Powerful Reporting Capabilities to the Masses
New Products, Capabilities and Low Price Point Help Simplify and Reduce the Cost of Data Management Initiatives
ISLANDIA, N.Y. – CA (NASDAQ: CA) today announced a new release of its market-leading CA ERwin Data Modeling Suite, delivering an unmatched combination of integrated data modeling, data profiling and powerful reporting capabilities at a very affordable price. The integrated capabilities and affordability allow data architects at midmarket to Global 2000 companies to reduce time, cost and complexity in providing timely, accurate information to the business.
“In an information-driven and financially-challenged economy, companies large and small need an effective and affordable way to tackle data management challenges,” said Sean Graham, vice president, software engineering for data modeling at CA. “CA is providing data architects with comprehensive, integrated and easy-to-use profiling and modeling tools, at a significantly lower price point than has traditionally been available.”
All the new products and enhancements in the CA ERwin Data Modeling Suite extend CA ERwin Data Modeler’s value as the hub of customers’ data management initiatives by providing a robust set of tools around the core data modeling solution—from reporting, to collaboration, to metadata management—so that data modeling is able to integrate with other tools and business initiatives.
New CA ERwin® Data Profiler
Now generally available, CA ERwin Data Modeler is integrated with Exeros’ award-winning data profiling technology as CA ERwin Data Profiler, offering the first integrated data profiling and modeling solution starting at a suggested retail price of $8,000. CA ERwin Data Profiler helps analysts understand data in legacy systems from across the enterprise, greatly simplifying the task of ensuring accurate and structured data for efficient use in applications, data marts, data warehouses and Master Data Management (MDM) hubs.
New Release of CA ERwin® Data Modeler
* BusinessObjects Crystal Reports® provides powerful out-of-the-box graphical reporting capabilities on key information in a variety of popular formats (spreadsheets, PDFs, web-based HTML reports, etc.).
* ODBC reporting allows IT to leverage in-house skill sets to access, publish and share all the information it manages using a wide range of reporting tools and interfaces.
* Metadata exchange enables sharing of critical business and technical information with a wide range of data management tools including Oracle® Business Intelligence, Cognos®, SAP NetWeaver® Master Data Management and others, improving the consistency and efficiency of enterprise-wide data initiatives such as business intelligence, master data management and data governance.
* Extended Database Support for Teradata®, SQL Server® 2008 and DB2® z/OS® v9 to optimize analysis and design and deliver key ease-of-use and functional improvements.
* Support for Application Development with Microsoft Visual Team System Edition 2008 helps ensure the development and deployment of critical SQL Server applications in Windows® XP, Windows® 2003 Server and Windows Vista®.
* Support for Oracle eBusiness Suite in CA ERwin Saphir* Option allows modelers and analysts to selectively discover, document and reuse ERP metadata to facilitate numerous business intelligence, data and application management and governance initiatives.
Customization of Data Definition Language (DDL) code generation facilitates setup of auto code generation via easy-to-use templates, delivering on a key focus in CA ERwin products—providing simple, powerful ways to customize the development process to fit unique organizational needs.
New CA ERwin Data Modeler Community Edition
Another new addition to the ERwin Data Modeling family offers a free, annual license for functionality designed for students and first-time modelers.
“The new release of the CA ERwin Data Modeler gives existing customers strong business reasons to upgrade and new customers compelling reasons to buy”, said Shawn Giordano, vice president of sales for Programmer’s Paradise. “The current modeling suite does more than all the competition put together, and you can’t beat the combination of functionality, price and data base and tools support.”
“From a data quality perspective, the ability to get insight into multiple data sources and systems at one time with the new data profiler is phenomenal,” continued Giordano. “While some tools only give you one piece of the puzzle, CA’s CA ERwin Data Profiler tool helps you find all of them—and for a fraction of the price of competitors.”
All products in the CA ERwin Data Modeling Family are available through authorized CA partners. Suggested retail price for CA ERwin Data Modeler and CA ERwin Data Profiler is $3,995 per seat for each product. For more information on CA ERwin Data Modeling Family, including CA ERwin Data Profiler and CA ERwin Data Modeler, please visit www.ca.com/modeling.
About CA ERwin Data Modeling Suite
CA’s ERwin® Modeling Suite is an integrated tool for a complete model-based approach to the analysis, design and construction of high quality database and data warehouse applications. It enables businesses to optimize their information systems and maximize the value and performance of their database environments through enhanced business processes, streamlined information architectures, design standards and database design management.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.