AT&T U-verse Launches a New Kind of Home Phone Service in Jacksonville with AT&T U-verse Voice
Next-Generation Voice Service Offers Convenient Integrated Wired and Wireless Features, Reliable Call Quality
AT&T U-verse is using the latest technology to revolutionize what Jacksonville consumers can do with their home phones. AT&T Florida today announced the availability of AT&T U-verseSM Voice in parts of Jacksonville, bringing consumers a next-generation digital voice service delivered over the AT&T U-verse Internet Protocol (IP) network.
U-verse Voice brings together your home phone, wireless, broadband and TV services — all on one bill — with unique features that provide a new level of integration, convenience and control.
AT&T U-verse Voice is available to all eligible U-verse TV customers in the Jacksonville area. With U-verse Voice, customers receive new features that highlight the benefits of having advanced video, broadband, wireless and home phone services from a single provider.
“AT&T U-verse Voice is one more way we’re making all of our services work together for you and connecting you to your world,” George Sammet, general manager for AT&T Consumer Markets in North Florida. “U-verse Voice uses the power of IP to enhance the calling experience. Just like U-verse TV has changed the way people watch television, U-verse Voice will change the way people use their home phone.”
AT&T U-verse Voice is a managed IP-based service that is delivered over the company’s fiber-rich network, unlike many Voice over IP (VoIP) providers that offer best-effort digital phone services over the public Internet. This allows U-verse Voice customers to enjoy great sound quality and reliability, as well as unmatched calling features that combine with your AT&T U-verse TV, broadband and wireless services.
“The expansion of our IP-based services further demonstrates our strong commitment to roll out new technology to our state’s residents,” said Marshall Criser III, AT&T Florida president. “Our deployment of U-verse Voice is an integral part of the major investment that we have delivered in Florida as a result of progressive reform legislation that was supported by former Representative Trey Traviesa and state Senator Mike Bennett that was signed into law by Governor Crist.”
AT&T U-verse Voice has advanced features that go beyond traditional phone service and many competitors’ offerings, including:
* A single, combined voice mailbox for AT&T U-verse Voice and AT&T wireless messages with U-verse Messaging, which can be accessed from any phone line or PC.
* U-verse Central, an online portal to manage your call preferences and settings from any PC. You have the option to easily manage your call preferences, voice mail, contacts, call history and more online, in addition to the ability to control call preferences from your home phone.
* An online voice mailbox to check, manage and forward voice mail from the online portal, much like an e-mail inbox.
* The ability to view your call logs from your PC or your TV screen. Using Call History, you can view your most recent incoming and outgoing calls online or view your most recent incoming calls on your AT&T U-verse TV screen.
* The ability to make a call from your PC or TV using Click to Call, which will initiate a call from your home phone to any number in your Call History with one click of a mouse or the U-verse TV remote control.
* An online Address Book that is accessible from any PC and allows you to Click to Call from your home phone, to create and share contact groups with other U-verse Voice customers or to set up distribution lists for voice messages.
* Locate Me, a feature that provides simultaneous ringing on up to four wireless or landline numbers so you never miss an important incoming call.
* Traditional calling features, such as Call Screening, Call Blocking, Do Not Disturb and privacy settings.
All U-verse Voice customers will have 911 service. Where available via the local 911 network, U-verse Voice customers will have Enhanced 911 (E911) service.
U-verse TV customers can choose from two flexible U-verse Voice calling plans:
* U-verse Voice Unlimited, which includes unlimited local and nationwide minutes to any location in the U.S., Canada or U.S. territories for $30 a month.
* U-verse Voice 1000, which includes 1,000 Call Anywhere minutes to any location in the U.S. or U.S. territories for $25 a month.
A second phone line, which shares the primary line’s calling plan, can be added for $20 a month, and each plan features competitive international rates with no recurring monthly charge. Professional installation is included for new AT&T U-verse customers who order U-verse TV and Voice.
For additional information on AT&T U-verse, visit http://uverse.att.com.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world’s most advanced IP-based business communications services, the nation’s fastest 3G network and the best wireless coverage worldwide, and the nation’s leading high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of their three-screen integration strategy, AT&T operating companies are expanding their TV entertainment offerings. In 2008, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine’s lists of the World’s Most Admired Companies and America’s Most Admired Companies. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.