Next-Generation GD6000 Vehicle-Rugged Notebook by General Dynamics Itronix Hits the Road Running
GD6000 first choice of CPS Energy for performance, vehicle environments and display ‘viewability.’
SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. – The new GD6000 vehicle-rugged notebook, by General Dynamics Itronix, is now available for field technicians, law enforcement personnel and others whose offices are in trucks, patrol cars, utility vans or other vehicles. Designed to work on the road, GD6000 notebooks combine high-performance computing with secure, wireless-network connectivity at a price that balances durability and affordability.
Based on the award-winning General Dynamics Itronix GoBook® VR-2, new GD6000 notebooks will soon be in the hands of field-service technicians working for CPS Energy in San Antonio, Texas.
“We needed a durable notebook for our field-service technicians that could withstand the bumpy conditions of a truck environment as well as all types of Texas weather and we opted to go with the GD6000,” said James Trevino, manager of Technical Services and Electrical Engineering for CPS Energy based in San Antonio, Texas. “It offered excellent display ‘viewability’ in direct sunlight and exceeded our requirements for computing performance so we can manage work orders in the field.”
John Schneider, business unit director for General Dynamics Itronix, said, “The GD6000 is our next generation of rugged notebook, designed especially for a mobile workforce. It meets their very specific requirements for durability and superior performance, while supporting increasingly complex applications.”
Commenting on the new notebook, David Krebs, director, Mobile and Wireless Practice of VDC Research Group, said, “When it comes to the reliability and performance of notebooks for the mobile worker, General Dynamics Itronix delivers a highly effective solution. The new GD6000 is well designed for vehicle deployments and provides computing performance that supports the increasingly sophisticated applications being used by mobile users, from the utilities technician to the police officer.”
GD6000 Vehicle-Rugged Features and Specifications
* Meets the fully rugged MIL-STD 810F standards for temperature range, vibration resistance, dust ingress protection and humidity
* 13.3” DynaVue® touch screen display technology for increased outdoor viewability
* Dual task lights and optional white keyboard for low light working conditions
* Quick-launch buttons for emergency applications
* Spill-resistant keyboard
* Shock mounted hard-drive and display
Additional GD6000 Features and Specifications
* High-performance Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T9400 processor; 120GB hard-drive; and up to 4GB memory
* Integrated GPS and wireless connectivity with Wi-Fi (WLAN), cellular data (WWAN) and Bluetooth
* Ergonomic design, weighing in at only 6.2lbs
* EnergyStar® and EPEAT™ certified
* Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 and optional embedded Computrace® software provide enhanced platform security
The new GD6000 is the first General Dynamics Itronix computer to use the ‘GD’ nomenclature.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.