Singapore Airlines A330 Sets New Standard For Regional & Medium-Haul Business Class Travel
Singapore Airlines is unveiling its latest Business Class experience, designed specially for customers travelling on regional and medium-haul routes. It will initially be available on the new Airbus A330-300 aircraft, the first of which was delivered today.
Featured is a brand new incline lie-flat Business Class seat, offering enhanced levels of comfort, privacy and functionality, the newest KrisWorld inflight entertainment system boasting more than 1000 on-demand options, as well as other latest cabin products.
The A330-300 aircraft will replace the B777-200 on medium haul routes to Australian and Japanese cities, progressively from March 2009. The new seats will offer an enhanced product offering to customers on these routes.
Said Singapore Airlines’ Executive Vice-President Operations and Services, Mr Mak Swee Wah, “The delivery of these new aircraft provides us the opportunity to enhance our product offering for customers on regional and medium haul routes. This reaffirms our commitment to constant innovation of the products and services we offer to customers, tailored around their needs on particular flights.”
Mr Mak said the new Business Class product on the A330s is geared toward the needs of travellers on regional and medium haul routes, complementing the award-winning and highly popular long-haul Business Class seat, fitted on the Singapore Airlines A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER fleets.
The new seat will also be progressively retrofitted onto other existing medium-haul aircraft, as part of the Airline’s ongoing product enhancement efforts.
Developed by Weber Aircraft LP, the Singapore Airlines regional and medium-haul Business Class seats are arranged in a forward-facing, six-abreast (2-2-2) configuration.
Enhanced comfort and privacy:
· Featuring leather seats, in a soothing and contemporary colour scheme, similar to that on the Singapore Airlines A380, A345 and B777-300ER aircraft, the new Business Class for regional and medium-haul routes exudes class and sophistication, the hallmark of Singapore Airlines luxury.
· The incline lie-flat seat (with a gentle 8-degree incline inflight) also features an advanced control panel that allows customers to personalise their seating preference or select from the various seat-preset options to get into a comfortable sitting, resting or sleeping position with ease.
· The seat also features a six-way adjustable headrest and lumbar support, providing the customer a more comfortable rest and maximum ergonomic support.
· Every seat has a fixed back shell that offers enhanced privacy. For even greater privacy, customers may also use the discrete personal screens between seats.
More stowage areas:
Stowage areas have also been thoughtfully created and designed to accommodate customers’ personal items within easy reach including:
· Laptop and portable media devices stowage areas
· Water bottle stowage areas
· Deep recessed cup holders
· Stowage areas for other personal items such as glasses and reading materials.
· Coat hook
Inflight Entertainment System and Staying Connected:
· Customers can enjoy the latest KrisWorld, Singapore Airlines’ award-winning inflight entertainment system on a large 39cm (15.4 inch) screen on the Airline’s new A330 aircraft. This feature is currently available on the Singapore Airlines Business Class on its B777-300ER, A380 and A340-500 aircraft.
· Phitek’s ANR® anti-noise headsets provide crystal clear sound as customers enjoy the latest blockbusters and popular TV programmes.
· A Business Panel located conveniently at the side of the seat also includes two USB ports, enabling customers to listen to their own music, view their photos or read their PDF files. There is also an audio-video input, which enables them to plug in their portable media players to watch their favourite videos via the inflight entertainment system.
· The iPod port also enables customers to use their iPod or iPhone to listen to music or watch their videos via the 39cm IFE screen. Singapore Airlines is the first airline in the world to offer iPod and iPhone connectivity, currently on board its A340-500 all-Business Class aircraft, and now on the A330-300 fleet.
· In-seat 110V laptop power supply is available for customers who would like to work on board.
The Finer Touches:
· The relaxed and contemporary setting in Business Class is also enhanced with soft finishing, serviceware and amenities designed by world-famous French fashion house, Givenchy, and which are currently available on Singapore Airlines’ B777-300ER, A380 and A345 aircraft.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.