Dell Download Store – First Online Software Superstore to Combine Downloading and Volume Licensing for Consumers and SMBs
Round Rock, Texas
* Top Titles, 12 Publishers, Growing Weekly
* Manage Software Purchased with Dell PC or Independently in One Convenient Location
Dell recently launched the Dell Download Store, the first online software superstore where consumers and small-and-medium-sized businesses can easily download the most popular software titles and manage volume software licensing requirements. The store builds on Dell’s heritage of value, commitment to the environment and direct customer relationships.
* Dell recently launched the Dell Download Store, the first online software superstore where consumers and small-and-medium-sized businesses can easily download the most popular software titles and manage volume software licensing requirements. Top titles from 12 publishers including Intuit, McAfee, Sonic/Roxio and Microsoft are available for immediate download and management at https://downloadstore.dell.com.
* Initially available in the United States, the Dell Download Store offers an affordable, easy-to-use, environmentally-friendly solution for the software customers’ need to run their businesses and households. Launching in the United Kingdom, France and Germany Jan. 20, 2009, and ultimately available worldwide, the site will evolve to include music, movies and games. New titles are being added weekly.
* Using a new feature, customers can also use the store to access software titles purchased with select Dell computers. Rather than receiving CDs and literature in the box, customers can visit the Dell Download Store to view software titles purchased with a PC or independently, instantly download software anytime, and re-install software or create back-up disks for future use. This move adds convenience for customers and helps Dell achieve its green-packaging goals.
* Dell’s software download services save customers 10 percent or more per software title by eliminating packaging and shipping costs. Volume purchases of five licenses or more provides additional savings.
* In most parts of the developed world, packaging constitutes as much as one-third of the non-industrial solid waste stream according to the EPA. If the $3B1 worth of software titles purchased by U.S. consumers in 2006 were all digitally downloaded, the positive impact on the environment would be significant. Click here for more details on Dell’s global green-packaging strategies.
* Choice and convenience. Now customers can get the software they want, when and how they want it.
Why Dell Download Store?
* The new Dell.com destination gives the almost one million people visiting the site daily added convenience of downloading the software they need in addition to the products and services they already purchase from Dell.
* The Dell Locker stores software copies and licenses and allows customers to track and manage all software purchases in one, secure location. Especially for businesses or multi-PC households with more than five users, software license management tools save time and money in license purchasing, fulfillment, auditing and renewal.
* Combined with the Dell Locker, the Download Manager enables downloads to be fast, secure and convenient by allowing customers to stop and start the download process if necessary without losing their work.
* “Downloading software, music or movies over the Internet is nothing new, but adding the volume software licensing capability for small-and-medium business customers is a big win, said Geoff Surkamer, general manager, Dell Global Digital Distribution. “In today’s environment, companies are looking everywhere to save money and increase efficiency. The Dell Download Store can help them do both.”
* “Consumers are very accustomed to downloading music and movies online but many are still buying shrink-wrapped software,” said Geoff Surkamer, general manager, Dell Global Digital Distribution. “Now they can buy the software they need at a lower cost and ultimately manage all their software, music and movies in one convenient location.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.