Plantronics and Altec Lansing Win Six Innovation Awards from the Consumer Electronics Association
Winning Products Demonstrate the Importance of Consumer Products that Balance Performance, Function
LAS VEGAS (CES 2009) .– Plantronics, Inc. (NYSE: PLT) and Altec Lansing today announced the two companies won a combined six 2009 Innovations Design and Engineering Honoree Awards from the Consumer Electronics Association. The awards highlight leadership in developing innovative audio communications and entertainment solutions across numerous categories including headsets, gaming, and digital audio.
The winning products will be showcased under the banner theme “The Fusion of Voice, Music and Life” in the joint Plantronics and Altec Lansing booth #20908, South Hall 1, during the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, January 8-11, 2009.
“Plantronics and Altec Lansing each possess a strong heritage of developing products that enrich consumer’s lives through audio communications and entertainment,” said Clay Hausmann, vice president of Corporate Marketing, Plantronics. “Technical ingenuity like the Voyager 835 and Expressionist BASS alongside audio and design breakthroughs like the Plantronics Discovery 925 and Orbit MP3-237 demonstrate our commitment to products that harmoniously combine performance, function and style.”
Plantronics Sound Innovation® for all Lifestyles
Plantronics took home three Innovations awards, demonstrating its expertise in Bluetooth and gaming technology. Following is the list of award-winning Plantronics products and categories in which they were recognized.
* Plantronics’ signature Discovery 925 Bluetooth Earpiece – Wireless Handsets Accessories product category.
* Plantronics’ first dual-mic with windscreen Voyager 835 Bluetooth Headset – Headphones product category.
* Plantronics GameCom 777 Surround Sound Headset with Dolby technology – Electronic Gaming product category.
Altec Lansing Professional Audio Performance & Premium Design
Altec Lansing was also awarded three Innovations awards for three new audio systems that exemplify the company’s legendary stereo ingenuity and digital music leadership. Following is the list of award-winning Altec Lansing products and categories in which they were recognized.
* The industry’s first 2.2 combined speaker and subwoofer system, Altec Lansing Expressionist BASS FX3022 – Computer Peripherals product category.
* Altec Lansing’s first portable “Works with iPhone” system, the inMotion MAX iMT702 – Audio Components product category.
* Altec Lansing’s latest edition to its highly popular Orbit line, the inMotion Orbit iM237 – Personal Electronics product category.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.