Save money & energy in 2009 - signature by LEVI STRAUSS & CO™ jeans can now be washed in cold water
Switch to Washing Your Laundry in Cold Water
SAN FRANCISCO . - From saving money, to helping save the environment, now more than ever Americans are looking for ways to make things last. Which is why Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™ jeans can now be washed in cold water.
Beginning in December, Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™, the premium denim brand at Walmart stores will partner with Tide(R) Coldwater and the Alliance to Save Energy to educate consumers on ways to save money and energy in 2009. Simply reducing hot water usage can lower your energy bill, and switching to a specially formulated cold water detergent can also help extend the life of your jeans.
According to the Alliance to Save Energy, clothing washers and dryers account for more than six percent of your annual energy bill, and heating water uses more than ten percent of an average home’s total energy. A typical household water heater is constantly at work day and night to provide enough hot water for bathing, and to wash dishes and clothing.
Many may think, the hotter the water, the cleaner the clothing, but using specially formulated detergents like Tide(R) Coldwater can help preserve the color of your jeans while still removing dirt and stains better than other warm water formulated detergents. Also, air drying your jeans rather than using energy on a dryer can also help keep your jeans from losing their shape.
“At Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™, we are committed to finding ways to minimize our environmental footprint,” Susan Brennan, general manager for Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. said. “From using only recycled paper for all our packaging, to working with our suppliers to meet strict pollution prevention guidelines, we have long believed that being environmentally responsible is crucial to the way we do business.”
The Alliance and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™ jeans offer some other easy low-cost, no-cost ways to save money and energy on your laundry in 2009:
* Do full loads of laundry to avoid wasting water.
* Do not over-wash clothes. Delicate clothes don’t need as long a wash cycle as dirty work clothes.
* Clean the dryer lint filter after every load to improve air circulation and quicken drying. Safety Note: a dryer lint filter and vent clogged with lint can cause a home fire.
* Dry towels and heavier items separately from lighter-weight item when doing laundry.
* Don’t over-dry clothes. Take clothes out while they are still slightly damp to reduce the need for ironing - another energy user! If your dryer has an auto-dry feature, use that instead of the timer.
* Replacing your dryer? Select a model with a moisture sensor feature to save money and wear and tear on your clothes. Since the dryer shuts off as soon as the clothes are dry, it could significantly cut drying time and related bills.
Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™ jeans are available at Walmart stores and on Walmart.com for around $20. For more information on other low-cost, no-cost tips for saving money and energy, visit www.signaturebylevistrauss.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.