The Orange webTV puts innovation in the picture and acclaims the winners of the Orange-innovation.tv competition
The Orange-innovation.tv 08 competition: “innovation told by innovators” accessible to everyone
On November 19, Didier Lombard, Chairman/CEO of France Telecom Orange, presented awards to the winners of the orange-innovation.tv 2008 competition - Orange TV, simplifying the digital revolution so that nobody is afraid to use it.
The topic: “innovation told by innovators”. Some 140 Orange Labs researchers made 3-minute videos, revealing what goes on behind the scenes of the digital revolution with an amusing and educational approach.
This first competition has confirmed the Orange researchers’ ability in disseminating digital culture to everybody. Consequently, it has been decided to make this an annual event.
Poland, Japan, the United Kingdom, the United States and France united to simplify their research objectives and explain the great innovations that are revolutionising our daily lives. In this context, 50 videos were made all through the summer, 11 clips were nominated and, today 6 of them have won awards after a private viewing bringing together representatives of the innovation ecosystem.
A video of this event as well as the 6 award-winning clips will be available on www.orange-innovation.tv .
the six clips being awarded this morning
The most didactic video: Link – Orange Labs Lannion
The most creative video: The enriched and convergent electronic bill - Orange Labs Lannion
The boldest video: Supermarket SAAS – Orange Poland
The most state-of-the-art video: Wifi 2.0 – Orange Labs Tokyo
The most amusing video: Orange SPAN – Orange Labs Grenoble
The special jury prize: tbd
Orange-innovation.tv, Orange webTV helping you to master the digital revolution
Orange webTV was launched on January 10, 2008 to put innovation into pictures and give it a new lease of life through news-themed videos, in-depth reporting and the broadcasting of the industry’s flagship events. After its first season, Orange-innovation.tv is working on its second mission: broadcasting simple and upbeat digital culture to encourage the greatest number of people to participate in the adventure.
It was to combine these two functions that Orange-innovation.tv developed its new programme schedule for the new 2009 season, presented in preview this morning: informing, explaining and inspiring people regarding current and future innovations in our sector, with the creation of 9 webchannels and programmes of varying broadcasting frequency.
Orange-innovation.tv: the new 2009 programme schedule
From January 2009, Orange webTV will consist of 9 webchannels on a revised French/English portal, which will be launched in the main countries where the group is present:
* News: A weekly televised news programme presented by Laura du Web and a “best of” featuring the favourite videos of Internet users
* The “Basics” channel to revise the classics concerning the great technologies and the new uses that make life easier
* The “Futures” channel looking forward to the breakthroughs expected in the next 5 to 10 years, which will completely transform our daily lives
* The “World sensors” channel to inform us about the leading-edge innovations all over the world
* The “Here and now” channel to experience and participate in the great events occurring in the digital universe
* And finally, 4 themed channels featuring innovation and illustrated with news clips: “Mobile”, "Connected Home”, “Entertainment” and “e-health”.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.