AT&T Wraps Up the Latest Holiday Gifts While Staying Within Shopping Budgets
With the Latest, Affordable Wireless and Home Phone Plans, Great Entertainment Services and Better Bundle Prices, AT&T Has Something for Everyone
Dallas, Texas, Although consumers face an uncertain economy, there are still plenty of hot high-tech gifts they can give this holiday season without breaking the bank. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) has announced that it has prices and products to please virtually every gift giver and recipient — from breakthrough smartphones and value-focused products to limited-time bundle offers.
MUST-HAVE DEVICES AND IN-HOME SERVICES
* Quick Messaging Phones. AT&T recently launched a line of four new quick messaging phones that makes text messaging easier than ever before. The Pantech Matrix™, Samsung Propel™, Pantech Slate™ and AT&T Quickfire™ are all available for $49-$99 in stores or online now. All quick messaging phones are compatible with AT&T’s messaging bundles that offer 200, 1,500 and unlimited messaging for $5, $15 and $20, respectively — making it the perfect gift for the avid texter in your family. Voice packages start at $39.99, and customers can carry over their extra, unused voice minutes each month with AT&T’s Rollover Minutes®, available on all its nationwide calling plans.
* GoPhone. Different customers have different wireless needs, and GoPhone is the perfect gift for those on your list who want flexibility and control in their wireless bills. The only wireless service that provides both a mobile-to-mobile calling community of nearly 75 million and the ability to carry over any unused balance from month to month without a contract, GoPhone allows customers to choose how they pay and how much they pay each month with Pay As You Go or Pick Your Plan. Users can purchase additional feature packages for texting, night and weekend minutes, MEdia Net, Web browsing and e-mail. GoPhone handsets and prepaid cards are available at all AT&T stores in addition to 48,000 distribution points including Wal-Mart, Target, Radio Shack and Best Buy.
* AT&T U-verseSM TV. For those who might be staying at home to save a little extra cash, AT&T U-verse TV keeps you entertained with great programming and more than 75 High Definition (HD) channels — more HD channels than are offered by the major local cable providers in every U-verse market. Also included, at no extra charge with most packages, is Total Home DVR, allowing you to watch a recorded show from a single DVR on any connected TV in the house. U-verse TV packages start as low as $44 a month, and new customers can receive $200 cash back when ordering a qualifying TV package online. AT&T U-verse TV ranked “Highest in Residential Television Service Satisfaction in the North Central, South, and West Regions,” according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Residential Television Service Provider Satisfaction StudySM.
New AT&T U-verse customers can also benefit from a limited-time $30/$30/$30 bundle, creating a triple play with TV, broadband and unlimited home phone for just $90 a month. Plus all bundles that include AT&T’s U-verse High Speed Internet service come with free access to the nation’s largest Wi-Fi network* at more than 17,000 hotspots in the United States.
* Home Phone Deals. AT&T has introduced attractive pricing on a variety of streamlined local and long distance calling packages. New customers can now get up to $15 off their monthly home phone service when they bundle it with qualifying AT&T services. For example, customers receive unlimited local and long distance for $35 a month when they purchase it along with a television, Internet or wireless calling plan. And unlimited local/long distance is available for only $30 a month when purchased with two additional services including TV, Internet and wireless. By itself, unlimited local and long distance is available for $45 a month.
* AT&T ConnecTech. You’re excited about watching your favorite shows and sporting events on your new flat-screen TV but wondering, How do I set it all up? Let AT&T ConnecTech do the heavy lifting. Whether it’s the new media room with side-by-side PC’s, wireless speakers and TVs, a wireless network for your PC’s and printers or a home theater set-up for your new flat screen, AT&T ConnecTech has you covered. Available in all 50 states, AT&T ConnecTech provides in-home installation and care for virtually all PC and TV needs. AT&T ConnecTech will let you enjoy your holiday gifts, hassle free, with services starting at less than $100. Visit www.att.com/connectech to learn more.
“Our collection of wireless and entertainment holiday gift options is more robust and more affordable than ever before, and will help friends and family stay connected during this special time of year,” said Ralph de la Vega, president and chief executive officer of AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “We are truly offering our customers more choice and flexibility with our broad range of products and services, so that they can choose the gifts that fit their needs while staying within their budget.”
DON’T FORGET THE STOCKING STUFFERS
Need something special to tuck inside a stocking? AT&T offers more than 90,000 different pieces of mobile content — from ringtones to wallpaper to the latest apps to customize your phone — all available through the AT&T MEdia Mall. All under $15, these applications will make unique “stocking stuffers” for everyone this holiday season:
* The road warrior on your list will appreciate AT&T Navigator, a service that uses GPS functionality to give you turn-by-turn, interactive directions, and even finds the cheapest gas station nearest you. Navigator can notify you of traffic jams on your route in real time, and adjust the directions to avoid it. It’s available for $9.99 a month. Pair Navigator with one of the sleekest new handsfree devices such as the Jawbone headset with Noise-Assassin technology that virtually eliminates background noise, or even the Plantronics Discovery 925 headset — a lightweight, trendy choice.
* For iPhone customers, YPmobile is a free application that allows users to map out their shopping and holiday visits and search for likely pit stops like gas stations, rest stops, restaurants, and stores along the way. They can share their findings via YPmobile from YELLOWPAGES.COM with family so everyone can easily navigate and coordinate plans.
* The fitness guru will love AT&T’s new AllSport GPS application, which calculates your calories, distance and pace and even lets you track your progress through an online portal. Your GPS-enabled cell phone becomes your all-in-one fitness device with AllSport at only $5.99 a month.
* Don’t forget the music lover on your list. Those who want to take their tunes with them on the go will love AT&T’s Napster Mobile service. Napster Mobile lets users download full-track songs over the air directly to their handsets from a catalog of more than 6 million songs, with a copy of the song simultaneously delivered to their PC. Customers can preview 30-second samples before they buy. Subscribers can download five tracks per month with a $7.49 monthly subscription. Additional tracks are $1.99. And for the hardcore rocker on your list, those who purchase new AT&T High Speed Internet or qualifying new U-verse TV plans will receive the Guitar Hero World Tour Complete Guitar Game, which includes the Guitar Hero World Tour console game and a new guitar controller. To sign up for service and get the game, customers can visit a participating AT&T retail store or call 800-288-2020. For more information, visit www.att.com/guitarhero.
* A must-have gift this season for TV lovers in your family who can’t miss their favorite show while on the go? Check out AT&T Mobile TV. This award-winning mobile service from MediaFLO USA provides users with instant access to continuous streaming television content and sporting events from top networks, including programming from leading entertainment brands CBS Mobile, CNBC, Comedy Central, ESPN Mobile TV, FOX News, FOX Mobile, MSNBC, MTV, NBC 2 Go, Nickelodeon, CNN Mobile and PIX. New subscribers can visit their nearest AT&T store or visit www.att.com/mobiletv to sign up for a free one-month trial — available through the end of the year. AT&T Mobile TV service is available for purchase as low as $15 a month.
* If that’s not enough, AT&T is also offering free holiday-themed content for your wireless phone. Customers can text the word GIFT to 7317 to receive ringtones and Answer TonesSM for “Jingle Bells,” “The Dreidel Song” and “Noche de Paz”; holiday graphics; an animated greeting card; a holiday mobile game; and one full-track song.
New this holiday season is the AT&T Online Experience StoreSM — the only online shopping experience in the industry with interactive, life-size 3D video device demonstrations. The store provides one-stop shopping for wireless products and services at www.att.com/onlineexperience. For more information about other AT&T products and services for the holidays, visit www.att.com.
*Based on nonmunicipal, company-owned and operated hotspots
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world’s most advanced IP-based business communications services and the nation’s leading wireless, high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding its TV entertainment offerings. In 2008, AT&T again ranked No. 1 on Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Telecommunications Company list and No. 1 on America’s Most Admired Telecommunications Company list. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com.
© 2008 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Note: This AT&T news release and other announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss.
IMPORTANT OFFER INFORMATION: All promotional offers expire 1/31/09. Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T U-verse. Call or go to www.uverse.att.com to see if you qualify. Residential customers only; Prices, programming, and offers subject to change without notice; AT&T High Speed Internet refers to U-verse enabled product; The identified “up to” speeds are maximum downstream rates for Internet access service which may vary and are not guaranteed; Actual speed achieved depends on customer location, line condition, and use of other U-verse services; DVR not included with U100 package. Credit and other restrictions apply; Channel counts include optional channels available in plan; Wireless networking may require adapter purchased separately; Fiber-optics apply to part or all of the network depending on your location. Other Charges: Taxes, video cost recovery fees, Universal Service Fund fees and other fees extra; Equipment rental fees included in monthly service charges. Installation Included: Offer ends 1/31/09. No charge for standard professional installation for new AT&T U-verse customers ordering U-verse TV. 30 Day Money Back Guarantee: Offer ends 1/31/09. Residential customers ordering new U-verse service may cancel all AT&T U-verse services within 30 days from service activation. Money-Back Guarantee includes adjustment only of initial installation charges and one month service charges, if paid; Customer is responsible for all additional charges including but not limited to Video on Demand, Pay Per View, international calls, other pay-per-use features and non-returned equipment charges. $200 Cash Back available to residential customers ordering new U-verse U200 or higher online at uverse.att.com Redemption letter with online and phone redemption instructions will be mailed after service activation. Customer must redeem online or by phone within 30 days of receipt of letter. Cash back redemption requires customer to retain qualifying service a minimum of 30 days and at time processing of reward is completed. Check will be sent within 4-6 weeks following redemption. Check may not be used to pay for local telephone service provided by AT&T. Cash back offer may not be combined with other AT&T promotional offers on the same services. Cash back offer ends 1/31/09. HD Service. HD channel availability varies by package selected and an HDTV required. $10 HD Technology fee applies for access to HD services. THDVR. Four channels can be recorded to the DVR or viewed simultaneously, up to 2 can be HD, subject to availability. DVR functionality available for up to 8 TVs and requires extra receivers for each additional TV.
AT&T received the highest numerical score among television service providers in the South, North Central and West regions in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Residential Television Service Satisfaction StudySM. Study based on 18,938 total responses from measuring providers in the South (13), North Central (11) and West (10) regions and measures consumer satisfaction with television service. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July 2008. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
AT&T also imposes monthly: a Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge of up to $1.25 to help defray costs incurred in complying with State and Federal telecom regulation; State and Federal Universal Svc charges; and surcharges for customer-based and revenue-based state and local assessments on AT&T. These are not taxes or government-required charges.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.