Sony Ericsson’s C905 Cyber-shot™ phone gets a starring role and stops the city in its tracks
Camera. Lights. Action! Sony Ericsson’s new C905 Cyber-shot™ camera phone television commercial brings a city to a standstill, as it follows a group of friends who snap and showcase giant high-quality photos for all to see using their 8.1 megapixel camera phone.
London, UK – Sony Ericsson today reveals its stunning new television commercial for the new C905 Cyber-shot™ camera phone. The company commissioned professional photographer Matt Stuart to take photos, using the 8.1 megapixel C905 Cyber-shot™ camera phone, to use in the launch of its new commercial.
A number of enormous photos taken by Matt Stuart using the C905 Cyber-shot™ camera phone are placed in unusual locations, to show how anyone can experiment and be more spontaneous when taking and exhibiting their photos with this high quality camera phone.
Viewers see a CCTV camera mounted on a traffic light in the city centre. The camera’s mechanical head turns and stops to look at a large picture of a young woman cheekily poking her tongue out.
In another scene, huge pictures of brightly-coloured budgerigars stand high up against the city skyline, and has crowds of passersby stopping to look in wonder.
“The C905 Cyber-shot™ is a powerful 8.1 megapixel camera phone,” said Sven Totté, Head of Imaging Marketing at Sony Ericsson. “We really wanted to show consumers what is possible with the camera phone and showcase the outstanding picture quality it can deliver. Therefore the images in the commercial were actually taken with a C905 Cyber-shot™ camera phone.”
Professional photographer Matt Stuart, who took the photos with a C905 Cyber-shot™ camera phone, said: “To be honest, I was a bit sceptical about the results that a camera phone could achieve, but I was amazed. The C905 Cyber-shot™ camera phone felt like a camera and handled like one too. I was very impressed with the quality and think this is reflected in the commercial.”
The new C905 Cyber-shot™ phone
Take your best shot
* Complete digital camera experience on a phone – true digital camera styling and an 8.1 megapixel camera with Xenon flash
* Outstanding picture quality – complete with face detection auto-focus, smart contrast and image stabilizer
* From baby’s first steps to an amazing sunset; store them all on the 2GB Memory Stick Micro™ (M2®) included
* The USB adaptor (CCR-70) provided in-box allows for easy transfer of your photos to-and-from your PC
* View high-quality pictures on the impressive 2.4” scratch-resistant mineral glass display
* Share your memories – send your photos wirelessly from your phone to your TV via Wi-Fi™ (using DLNA), or connect with wires using the TV-Out Cable ITC-60
* Upload photos to your own online blogsite or print your photos with fantastic resolution, up to A3 size
* Much more than a camera phone - GPS-enabled for geo-tagging of photos and navigation support
With the new 8.1 megapixel C905 Cyber-shot™ phone you can show off your shots like never before.
The C905 Cyber-shot™ will be available in three colours (Night Black, Ice Silver and Copper Gold) in selected markets from Q4 2008. It will support the following networks:
* C905: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSDPA 2100.
* C905a: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900/2100
* C905c: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900.
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant.
2) Talk, standby and video call times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. games. Kit contents and color options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.
© Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2008.
The Liquid Identity logo, BestPic, PlayNow and TrackID are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony, Cyber-shot and x-Pict Story are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
TrackID is powered by Gracenote Mobile MusicID. Gracenote and Gracenote Mobile MusicID are trademarks of Gracenote, Inc.
Bluetooth is a trademark or registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc.
Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Picture blogging is powered by Blogger. Blogger is a trademark or a registered trademark of Google Inc. Google and Google Maps are trademark or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
DLNA®, DIGITAL LIVING NETWORK ALLIANCE, the DLNA disc design, and all related
logos, are service marks or registered service marks, and DLNA CERTIFIED, the disc design
and all related logos are certification marks, of Digital Living Network Alliance in the United
States and other countries.
ActiveSync is a trademark or registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Access NetFront is a trademark or registered trademark of ACCESS Co Ltd.
Wi-Fi is a trademark or registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Subject to change without prior notice.
Sony Ericsson is a top global industry player with sales of over 100 million phones in 2007. Diversity is one of the core strengths of the company, with operations in over 80 countries including manufacturing in China and R&D sites in China, Europe, India, Japan and North America. Sony Ericsson was established as a 50:50 joint venture by Sony and Ericsson in October 2001, with global corporate functions located in London.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.