Intuit Offers Women Tips to Maintain Financial Health
Company Joins California First Lady Maria Shriver at The Women’s Conference
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Female entrepreneurs, stay-at-home moms and women graduates across the country share a common thread – dreams. And with the country facing economic uncertainty, women are also united in their determination to achieve their dreams and thrive in any economy.
To help women manage the critical, yet complex tasks of personal and small business finances, Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), maker of QuickBooks, Quicken and TurboTax, offers a series of timeless tips designed to help them achieve their goals.
The tips are part of Intuit and the company’s Financial Freedom Foundation sponsorship of The Women’s Conference, the nation’s premier forum for women and the largest gathering of women in the country. The event, led by California first lady Maria Shriver, will be held Oct. 21-22 in Long Beach, Calif.
* Intuit’s advice: Go for it – Every day, 1,600 women entrepreneurs in the United States take a leap of faith to start a small business and become their own boss.
* Embrace technology - Tap into the multitude of online communities, social networking tools and free services that help women network, start a business and manage finances. Advances in technology give women looking for work-life balance the flexibility to work on their time and their own terms, according to the Intuit Future of Small Business Report.
* Know your limits - Avoid costly overdraft fees and spend within your means by tracking finances.
* Invest in you - Invest in your education and a healthy lifestyle to extend your possibilities and life span.
* Organize and prioritize - File receipts in one place to save time and stress at tax time.
* Lend a hand - Give back to the community with time or household items. This both helps those in need, and creates valuable tax savings.
Intuit will introduce a panel discussion on health care and showcase several of its philanthropic and free offerings including Simple Start, Quicken Online, JumpUp and TurboTax during the “Night at the Village” event on Oct. 21.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.