Motorola Announces Next-generation One Point Wireless Suite and Wireless Manager at Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2008
Motorola Simplifies Wireless Network Design and Management with Unified Software Suite for Effective Design, Deployment and Management of Indoor and Outdoor Wireless Networks.
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today unveiled its next-generation One Point Wireless Suite and announced the upcoming release of its Wireless Manager 2.0, a powerful network management tool that works with the indoor RF Management Suite to offer a single point of control for Motorola indoor and outdoor wireless networks, enabling a truly all-wireless enterprise.
With the addition of proven indoor wireless network design, management and security software, the next-generation One Point Wireless Suite provides businesses with innovative and powerful solutions needed to optimally design and manage indoor and outdoor networks. The design solutions enable network operators to replace costly field-based or manual designs with highly accurate software-based plans – helping reduce planning and labor costs while creating a network design with optimal coverage, capacity and performance. Automatic discovery and provisioning features reduce deployment costs and errors, enabling faster network setup, while sophisticated measurement and verification tools validate the deployed network’s performance. The management capabilities enable easy viewing of network status and quick identification and resolution of problems to help minimize network downtime.
“We are expanding the One Point Wireless Suite to enable network operators to control every detail of their networks – from wireless network design through deployment and full operational management mode,” said Philip Bolt, vice president and general manager, Motorola Wireless Broadband Solutions. “With the addition of our time-proven indoor solutions and the introduction of Wireless Manager 2.0, Motorola will help customers unwire their enterprise, reduce costs and eliminate complexity associated with planning and managing their wireless infrastructure.”
The advanced Wireless Manager 2.0 pulls together diverse information and data from all tiers of the network, indoor and out, consolidates it and delivers a unified view to network managers. This flexible, powerful and scalable tool also offers network operators a new level of visibility through real-time, highly advanced visualization of the network in an embedded Google Maps environment. Network elements are overlaid on satellite images as icons and a wide range of information, including connectivity between nodes, link quality or range and availability is displayed on the screen. This enables operators to visually monitor the health of all network components, including device-specific information. Motorola’s Wireless Manager 2.0 also offers historical trend analysis of how the network has performed and changed over time and allows users to view pre-defined or custom reports to receive a health check of the network at any given point in time.
The next-generation One Point Wireless Suite includes the following components, which can be used individually or in combination, depending on network design and management needs.
* MeshPlanner provides the ability to design and measure mesh networks and point-to-multi-point backhaul. MeshPlanner replaces costly field-based or manual design and verification with software-based processes, reducing planning and labor costs while creating a network design with optimal coverage, capacity and performance.
* PTP LINKPlanner maximizes link planning efficiency while optimizing coverage and minimizing interference for single or multiple point-to-point (PTP) links. The software allows you to create “what if” scenarios while determining important performance measurements to include link reliability, throughput, and path loss. The tool integrates with Google Maps to provide a comprehensive overview of the entire PTP wireless network. Reports generated from the tool serve as valuable installation guidelines and validate overall link performance across the PTP portfolio of wireless Ethernet bridges.
* LANPlanner is one of the industry’s most widely used and comprehensive predictive design and verification tool for enterprise wireless LANs (WLANs). A majority of enterprise WLAN planning tools require physical site surveys to develop a detailed performance map, which takes significantly more time and resources to complete. Motorola’s approach allows network managers to plan the wireless network from their own office by importing the AutoCAD drawings of their building, answering a few questions and letting Motorola’s patented LANPlanner analyze and predict the performance. The just released LANPlanner v11.0 adds the ability to simulate the performance of 802.11n products like Motorola’s AP-7131, the industry’s first tri-radio 802.11n access point (AP).
* Wireless Manager enables streamlined deployment and provisioning of networks, which helps to reduce costs and enables faster network setup. Once the network is operational, the software enables full management capabilities including quick detection and resolution of problems that impact network performance and user satisfaction, activity scheduling, automated firmware upgrades and security provisioning and enforcement.
* RF Management Suite allows network operators to take full control of their indoor wireless LAN. This complete management solution provides network and security control throughout the complete lifecycle of the WLAN infrastructure — from planning and deployment through day-to-day monitoring and troubleshooting. The tight integration with Motorola AirDefense wireless IPS provides around the clock protection against unauthorized access as well as cost-effective compliance with HIPAA and other government and industry regulations.
Motorola’s industry leading portfolio of reliable and cost effective wireless broadband solutions provides and extends coverage both indoors and outdoors. It offers high-speed connectivity systems that support voice, video and data solutions enabling a broad range of applications for both fixed and mobile public and private networks. With Motorola’s One Point Wireless Suite of innovative software solutions, customers can now effectively design, deploy and manage their broadband networks at lower installation costs while maximizing up-time and reliability.
Motorola’s next-generation One Point Wireless Suite, including the new Wireless Manager 2.0, will be on display at Booth #1213 during the Gartner Symposium/IT Expo on October 12-16 at the Walt Disney World Dolphin in Orlando, Fla.
The Wireless Manager 2.0 is expected to be available in the first quarter of 2009.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.