CyberLink Releases Digital Home Solution for Accessing High-Definition Video Remotely
Taipei, Taiwan - CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), innovative solution provider for the connected digital lifestyle, today announced the release of CyberLink Media Server 2 and CyberLink SoftDMA 2, home networking applications for remotely accessing and sharing high-definition videos, photos, and music throughout the digital home.
Media Server turns a home PC into a network server for digital video, photo, and music content, which can be accessed and played by media players—such as SoftDMA—that are connected across a DLNA/UPnP network. Media Server, which is certified for the DLNA 1.5 logo, supports file transcoding, features admission controls, and includes quality of service (QoS) technology for optimizing playback quality.
SoftDMA allows the streaming of digital video, photo, and music content by automatically locating media servers connected to a user’s network. New features allow the downloading of files across a network to the local hard drive, as well as the playback of high-definition content.
“CyberLink’s digital home strategy is about allowing consumers to access their content remotely: anywhere and anytime they like,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “The latest versions of Media Server and SoftDMA improve the quality of the experience, through support for high-definition video, by allowing the downloading of files, and by incorporating Quality of Service technology to deliver the best performance for available bandwidth.”
CyberLink Media Server 2:
Media Server is an application that enables streaming of media over a digital home network. Key features include:
* Automatic detection of players connected to a home network
* Streaming of high-definition video content across a network
* Quality of Service (QoS) technology to optimize playback quality for the available bandwidth
* Transcoding of video formats to make the most of available bandwidth and ensure compatibility with a wide selection of players
* Access control for denying unauthorized access to media files
* Admission controls to avoid overloading the network with too many media players requesting access to content
* DLNA 1.5 logo certification ensures compatibility with media players including CyberLink SoftDMA, Sony® PLAYSTATION® 3, and Microsoft® Xbox 360®.
CyberLink SoftDMA 2:
SoftDMA is a software-based digital media adapter (DMA) for playing media files streamed across a digital home network. Key features include:
* Automatic detection of media servers connected to a home network
* Playback of high-definition video, photo and audio formats streamed across a network, including MPEG-4 H.264 (AVC) video and AAC audio
* Compatibility with DLNA certified servers, including CyberLink Media Server, Windows Media Connect, and Windows Media Player 11
* Downloading of content from a network server to a local hard drive for playback on the go
* Quality of Service (QoS) technology to deliver the best playback performance for available bandwidth (working with CyberLink Media Server 2)
* Remote operation as a Digital Media Renderer (DMR) when controlled by a Digital Media Controller (DMC).
CyberLink SoftDMA 2 and Media Server 2 are currently available in 9 languages as OEM products. For more information about SoftDMA, Media Server, or CyberLink’s full range of software, please visit www.cyberlink.com .
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PC’s and CE’s. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: drive manufacturers, graphics card makers, and top-5 desktop and notebook brands. Today, CyberLink’s software solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Discs and DVD’s, digital home entertainment, Mobile TV and human resources development. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth, leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000. Currently, CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink’s worldwide headquarters is in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink’s website at http://www.cyberlink.com
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.