Dell Remote Access Makes It Simple for People to Access & Share Digital Content Anytime & Anywhere
Round Rock, Texas
* Simple browser-based access to photos, video, and files
* Stream music from library to laptop, web-cams, smart phones or ultra mobiles
* Access applications and tools stored on home PC from anywhere
Accessing and sharing music, movies, files and applications just got easier with the launch of Dell Remote Access. The application features a simple to use browser-based interface that lets people connect and access their favorite content via their network of personal computing devices including desktops, laptops, ultra-mobile devices, smart phones and web cameras. The application is available today in the US for download at www.dellremoteaccess.com and will be available, later this year, as an optional pre-install on most Dell Inspiron, Studio and XPS desktops and laptops.
“People are not sitting at home in front of their computers”, says Michael Tatelman, vice president of Dell’s global consumer sales and marketing. “They are out with friends, connecting with others and sharing experiences. Dell Remote Access let’s them take their music, movies and photos with them wherever they go and let’s them access it and share it whenever they want.”
Once Dell Remote Access is activated on a Windows–based PC, users log in to my.dellremoteaccess.com from their connected device. The application provides users with an “at home” PC experience through key features including:
* Web navigation via a simple browser-based interface: no “extra” software needed; secure access to a home PC through a browser from any PC or smart phone.
* Secure folder sharing capabilities: share specific folders, like vacation photos, by emailing an encrypted URL to friends and family.
* Automatic identification of and access to all network devices: Dell Remote Access scans the home network, identifies devices and offers the option to access.
* Remote desktop control of a Windows PC: Allows users to open and use applications on their home computer, for example, updating a presentation.
* Ability to view pictures and play media files using native applications: stream music from library to laptop, Mini or smart phone.
* Upload option to save files to a home folder: helps keep things organized and in one place, like pictures from a cell phone.
* No storage limitations: users have access to all files; no syncing or extra memory cards required.
The basic version of Dell Remote Access is free and provides PC-to-PC access for one PC. The premium version provides additional features like-file sharing, full home network device access, remote control of home PCs, and access via smart phones and other mobile devices. The Premium version is offered at $9.95 a month or $99 a year.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value. Uniquely enabled by its direct business model, Dell is a leading global systems and services company and No. 34 on the Fortune 500. For more information, visit www.dell.com, or to communicate directly with Dell via a variety of online channels, go to www.dell.com/conversations. To get Dell news direct, visit www.dell.com/RSS.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.