Removal of asbestos garages or corrugated asbestos roofing sheets
If you are contemplated replacement of your present prefabricated garage then it is very likely that this building contains asbestos cement or Chrysotile (‘white asbestos’). Asbestos cement normally contains from about 5% of white asbestos by weight.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral which was used within the concrete garage sector up until the late 1980s. Modern concrete garages no longer contain asbestos within their roof structure preferring to use reinforced cement fibre. Neither material can be identified by any markings and only chemical analysis will prove that asbestos is present.
The mere presence of asbestos does not necessarily create a health risk and the removal of asbestos cement sheets is not governed by any regulatory body although it is strongly recommended that you/your appointed contractors adheres to safe working methods.
• Thoroughly douse the material before starting work. You are advised to introduce a suitable wetting agent such as washing-up liquid, into the water before saturation.
• Operatives are recommended to wear RPE/PPE (Respiratory/Personal Protective Equipment) to protect from inhalation of dust particles.
• Avoid breaking asbestos panels unnecessarily but if this is necessary continue to wet down the area that you are working.
The Garden Buildings Centre (Chesterfield) offers a nationwide garage demolition service and a price maybe obtained on-line at http://www.4concretegarages.com/concrete_garage_double.asp
You may also read about our modern fibre-cement roofing panels at http://www.4concretegarages.com/concrete_garage_single.asp#14
The Garden Buildings Centre (Chesterfield) Ltd
Hazlehurst Lane (corner of Sheffield Road B6057)
Derbyshire, S41 7LX
FREEPHONE 0800 318359
Fax 0871 661 5234
- Contact Information
- Nicolas Paice
- Sales & Marketing Director
- Garden Buildings Centre (Chesterfield) Ltd
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.