Matrox Delivers Key Technologies to Broadcast Equipment Manufacturers
3G SDI and Expanded Cross-Platform File Format Support to be Demonstrated at IBC 2008
Montreal, Canada . – Matrox® Video Products Group will show the latest developments in the Matrox DSX™ product line to OEMs and developers of high-performance HD and SD solutions at IBC 2008 on stand 7.B29.
New features of the Matrox DSX platforms include:
* 3G SDI I/O support including onboard compositing, scaling, and live mixing at full resolution 1920 x 1080p 50/60, as well as capture and playback using the Matrox software codecs
* Expanded support for numerous cross-platform file formats including MXF, MOV, and MP4 which enables the exchange of video material with leading editing solutions such as Adobe CS3 Production Premium, Avid Media Composer, and Apple Final Cut Pro and server solutions such as Omneon and Quantel
* Expanded support for popular codecs including XDCAM HD422, AVC-Intra 50/100 Mbps, and H.264
“Ease of integration into the full range of broadcast environments is a key concern for our OEM customers building servers, graphics systems, and NLEs,” said Alberto Cieri, Matrox senior sales and marketing director. “We are providing the tools they need to remain competitive as the broadcast industry transitions to file-based, cross-platform workflows as well as 3G SDI and 1080p for higher picture quality.”
About Matrox DSX Developer Products
The Matrox DSX product line combines a full range of professional audio and video hardware components with comprehensive Windows XP- and Linux-based Software Development Kits (SDK) that enable OEMs and developers to create a wide variety of cost-effective products and applications including ingest/playout servers, broadcast graphics systems, NLE systems, automation and master control units, multi-layer compositors, and medical media servers. The open-architecture Matrox DSX developer products leverage scalable CPU and GPU power in conjunction with high performance hardware to lead the industry in I/O density, native codec support, file format versatility, and on-board processing capability.
Key features of the Matrox DSX platforms:
* Modular architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets
* Multi-channel HD and SD video/audio I/O support from a single card including 3 Gb/s for 1080p
* Extensive native codec support in HD and SD including DV, D10 for IMX, HDV, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA, MPEG HD for XDCAM HD, MPEG HD422 for XDCAM HD422, AVC-Intra for P2, and H.264
* Cross platform file format support – MXF, MOV, AVI, MPG, etc.
* Multi-layer on-board HD scaler/compositor
* Professional realtime effects including sub-pixel 2D/3D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes, etc.
* Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.