AT&T U-verse Arrives in Jacksonville
Jacksonville Customers Benefit from Advanced Technology, Compelling Features and Video Choice
Jacksonville, Florida.-Jacksonville-area residents have a new — and better — choice for their television and communications services. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced the launch of AT&T U-verseSM TV and AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet in the area.
AT&T U-verse brings together your TV, broadband and AT&T wireless services with unique features that provide a new level of integration, convenience and control. AT&T U-verse TV and High Speed Internet services are delivered over AT&T’s advanced Internet Protocol (IP) network.
Customers can currently order AT&T U-verse services in various communities throughout Jacksonville. AT&T will make U-verse services available to more homes throughout the area on an ongoing basis.
“Cable has been the only game in town for too long. We know Jacksonville customers want a better choice to break free from cable, and AT&T U-verse TV is the answer,” said Rob Bentley, AT&T vice president and general manager for the Southeast region. “We’re offering an extensive channel lineup, unmatched features and the latest technology, all at a competitive price and great value. It’s all about delivering a better TV experience.”
AT&T is the only national service provider to offer a 100 percent IP-based television (IPTV) service. IP technology helps make AT&T U-verse TV one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today, with advanced capabilities that customers don’t get from other providers and access to more than 45 High Definition (HD) channels.
“We are thrilled to be able to offer AT&T U-verse services to more Florida customers,” said Marshall Criser III, AT&T Florida president. ”Our customers have asked for more choices in television service and AT&T is providing that choice through an extensive channel lineup, innovative features and the exceptional value found in U-verse TV.”
Where available, local AT&T U-verse customers can enjoy numerous TV benefits, including:
* An attractive selection of TV packages. You can choose from a variety of subscription options that feature up to 320 channels, including digital music, local, movie and sports programming, as well as premium Spanish-language and international packages. All packages include HD-capable equipment, and most packages include an HD-capable digital video recorder (DVR). (More receivers can be added for $5 each a month.)
* A Spanish-language package, Paquete Español, which features novelas, movies, news, sports, children’s programming, talk shows and more, for $10 a month.
* More HD channels than the major local cable providers, with an extensive lineup of more than 45 HD channels. U-verse TV supports both 720p and 1080i formats. Access to HD service is $10 a month with any U-verse TV package.
* The ability to set your DVR from any location. With AT&T Yahoo! Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, you can schedule recordings from any Web-connected PC or compatible AT&T mobile phone (wireless service charges apply) by using your AT&T High Speed Internet account.
* The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR (up to four standard definition programs or two HD and two standard definition programs) — another feature that is exclusive to AT&T U-verse TV. You can store up to 37 hours of HD content or up to 133 hours of SD content, which is more storage than cable providers’ DVRs.
* AT&T Online Photos from Flickr, which allows you to simply and conveniently browse the photos you’ve uploaded to flickr.com and watch slide shows on your U-verse TV screen from the comfort of your couch.
* AT&T U-bar, which brings customizable weather, stock, sports and traffic information to the U-verse TV screen, without interrupting the current program. AT&T High Speed Internet subscribers can personalize the U-bar from the AT&T portal to display weather at specific locations, your personal stock portfolio and scores for your favorite sports teams.
* Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, which allows you to track the progress of your fantasy team — including current team matchups and league standings — directly from your TV screen through the AT&T U-bar.
* YELLOWPAGES.COM TV, for fast and easy searches to find local businesses and other information via your TV screen.
* AT&T Yahoo! Games, so you can now play your favorite online games — including Sudoku, Solitaire, JT’s Blocks, Mah-jongg Tiles and Chess — on the TV screen.
* Built-in Picture-in-Picture, which lets you channel-surf on any television without leaving the program you’re watching.
* Fast channel-changing, reducing the delay experienced with other digital video services.
* A growing Video On Demand (VOD) library with one-touch access to movies and events.
* Advanced search to find upcoming linear or VOD programs by using the title or an actor’s name.
* Easy-to-use parental controls to block live or recorded programs or on-demand videos by specific channel or ratings.
* Specially designed U-verse receivers. All U-verse receivers are HD-capable and include universal remote controls with backlit buttons and one-touch access to VOD, recorded TV and other popular U-verse features.
AT&T U-verse offers multiple combinations of TV and Internet packages to customize your experience. U-verse TV offers five programming packages — U100, U200, the popular U300 and U400 packages, plus U-family, a market-leading family-friendly programming option. Current AT&T U-verse TV pricing starts at $44 a month, depending on the selected programming package (taxes, fees and other monthly charges apply).
Professional installation is included for new U-verse TV customers, and you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Customers who order a qualifying programming package by phone through Sept. 20, 2008, are eligible to choose a free month of the U200, U300 or U400 package or a $50 cash-back redemption by gift check. Customers who order a qualifying TV package online will receive a free month of the TV package. Additional cash-back offers are available to qualifying customers who bundle Internet service.
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet offers more bandwidth and faster available speeds to meet the needs of every consumer or small business broadband user, including four package options:
* Max: Downstream speeds up to 10.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps
* Elite: Downstream speeds up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
* Pro: Downstream speeds up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
* Express: Downstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
All AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet packages include wireless home or office networking at no extra cost, giving customers the freedom to access online photos, receive and send large data files, view streaming video and access other high-bandwidth applications from a wireless-enabled laptop or other device. Subscribers also receive virtually unlimited e-mail storage, powerful anti-virus and anti-spam software and access to the nation’s largest Wi-Fi network with free unlimited connectivity at more than 17,000 hot spot locations.
AT&T is introducing U-verse services in Florida as a result of legislation supported by Representative Trey Traviesa and state Senator Mike Bennett that was signed into law by Governor Crist. The Consumer Choice Act of 2007, House Bill 529, provides an environment that encourages new video providers, such as AT&T, to invest in Florida to compete against incumbent cable providers.
AT&T is deploying next-generation AT&T U-verse services as part of its mission to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. Through AT&T U-verse and the company’s 100 percent IP platform, consumers will benefit from integrated AT&T services across the three screens they value most: the TV, the PC and the wireless phone.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.