Airtel Selects Oracle(r) Communications Network Integrity to Optimize Fiber-Optic Network
Leading Integrated Communications Service Provider to Implement Oracle to Help Improve Network Management and Streamline Business Operations
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.
* Bharti Airtel Limited (Airtel), one of India’s leading integrated communications service providers, has selected Oracle(r) Communications Network Integrity to help optimize the use of its extensive national fiber-optic network.
* Inaccurate network inventory can increase capital expenditure, impact service quality and compromise financial reporting and compliance. Oracle Communications Network Integrity will give Airtel enterprise-wide visibility of its network assets by enabling the constant auditing of inventory data quality and providing a user-friendly mechanism to identify and reconcile data discrepancies. This automated solution will replace Airtel’s burdensome manual processes for assessing and reconciling its network assets and capacity to help streamline business operations.
* Further, by enabling improved data accuracy between the live network and the operational support systems (OSS), Oracle Communications Network Integrity will help Airtel improve service-provisioning capabilities and reduce errors, ultimately allowing improved customer satisfaction. It will also help Airtel optimize its capital expenditures for its extensive national network.
* Oracle, a significant provider of OSS and business support systems (BSS) to Airtel since 1997, is a key component of Airtel’s Service Delivery Platform infrastructure that already touches 71 million customers and is expected to support 200 million customers by 2010.
* Airtel leverages Oracle’s comprehensive suite of communications applications, including several components of Oracle Communications Service Fulfillment Suite, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle CRM, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Database.
* “We have used Oracle’s technology, business applications and communications industry applications for 10 years. The new network discovery and reconciliation product will greatly enhance Airtel’s network utilization and enable us to further improve provisioning accuracy with reduced errors - all leading to improved customer satisfaction,” said Jai Menon, director of customer service and information technology, Bharti Airtel Limited.
* “Airtel is a testament to the proven value Oracle can deliver to the communications industry through our comprehensive suite of software offerings. Our deep relationship with Airtel gives us an opportunity to deploy cutting-edge communications software products in the rapidly growing Indian market. Airtel’s implementation of Oracle Communications Network Integrity will be one of the first with such a widespread scale and complexity,” said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
# Oracle Communications
# Oracle Communications Network Integrity Data Sheet
# Oracle Communications Network Integrity White Paper
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.