Priceless Romance: Ten Free Outings in Asheville, North Carolina
Asheville, NC, July 24, 2008 - You donít need to spend a lot of money to enjoy a romantic outing in the popular mountain resort city of Asheville, North Carolina. In fact, many activities wonít cost you a dime! The free online 200-page travel guide, www.RomanticAsheville.com, has selected the cityís Top Ten Free Romantic Outings:
1. Get the Latest Deals: While a bunch of brochures may not seem romantic, your first stop should be the Asheville Visitor Center downtown. You will get lots of ideas for free outings, along with last minute deals.
2. Explore Downtown Asheville: During the day, meander the streets and browse 200+ locally-owned shops. Each evening, enjoy street entertainers.
3. Discover Lots of Art: Asheville is one of the top arts destinations in the country. Galleries abound in downtown, Biltmore Village and the River Arts District. Donít miss the Folk Art Center on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
4. Cruise the Blue Ridge Parkway: Often named one of the top ten drives in the country, the Parkway provides a leisurely drive to see natureís beauty along the crest of the mountains, with plenty of hiking and great picnic stops.
5. Find Waterfalls: There are many waterfalls to discover in nearby state and federal parks and forests.
6. Take a Hike: To appreciate the natural splendor of the Blue Ridge Mountains, get out of the car and explore by foot. There are trails for all fitness levels, from short forest walks to strenuous summit hikes.
7. See the Smokies: Enjoy the quieter side of the popular Great Smoky Mountains National Park. There are three entrances within 50 miles of Asheville.
8. Attend a Festival: Free outdoor festivals abound. Plus there are plenty of weekend tours to visit artist studios.
9. Walking Tour: If you love architecture, art and history, donít miss Ashevilleís Urban Trail, a 1.7-mile walking tour through downtown with art at 30 stops.
10. Stroll Through a Garden: The area contains some of the most diverse plant life on the planet. The Botanical Gardens of Asheville near downtown is a ten acre nature preserve.
For more information and travel tips about any of these adventures, plus specials and packages for area inns, hotels and cabins, go to www.RomanticAsheville.com.
- Contact Information
- Mark File
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.