New and Improved Plastic SCM: 2.5 release
Codice Software, the producer of the successful SCM tool, Plastic SCM; is pleased to announce the release of version 2.5 of its award-winning product.
Plastic SCM 2.5 introduces a number of new features and enhancements over the previous version 2.0 such as the new trigger system; it makes smart branches go mainstream and implements attribute support in the GUI. These three features alone are capable of pushing your company’s development to the next level: you can use triggers to enforce your processes and development rules, add extended information to your metadata with attributes, use them to keep SCM status in synch with testing, production, etc…and smart branches become the centre piece of the Plastic development model, you can say goodbye to choosing the baseline and let Plastic do the job for you!
But the improvements on this new version go even further with more than 100 usability enhancements and the overall user experience has been polished, resulting on a faster and complete solution. Some of the issues which are now included:
• New on Plastic SCM extensions:
o “Task on changeset” mode supported on Plastic SCM extensions
o Extensions enhancement working on Visual Studio, allowing the check in comments added on VS to be seen on the task associated on the task tracking tool.
o Trac Extension: SSPI and SSL connections supported.
o Bugzilla Extension: A Plastic SCM branch cannot be created if the Bugzilla extension is active and no task has been previously created in Bugzilla.
o DevTrac integration improved: tasks are linked from the branch explorer, not only from the branch view.
• Revert links on the 3D tree are now shown in red, different from the green merge links.
• Smart branch system documentation included on the user manual.
• “Differences” option on Changed Item´s View.
• The GUI merge dialogue allows selecting both source and destination contributors.
• Automatic “switch to branch” from the GUI, the selector only modifies the branches selected
• When switching the workspace to a branch, the GUI displays a message to confirm the operation.
• The items view is displayed by default
• “Find” button on the differences and merge options included.
• Attribute control, allowing changing its value, apply changes or deleting the attribute
• Branch explorer enhancement: its buttons can be used before the whole branch explorer is loaded.
• cm shelve and cm cat commands
• CVS importer enhancement
• Installer enhancement
• Eclipse integration enhancement.
• Improved performance on add operation, “check in” and “check out” operations when executed in blocks.
- Contact Information
- Marta de Pedro
- Marketing Director
- Codice Software
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.