Tenet Announces Multi-Year Agreement with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida
DALLAS . – Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) today announced that it has reached a three-year agreement with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
The new agreement includes all commercial and Medicare products offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida including Health Options, Network Blue, Preferred Provider Contract (PPC), Preferred Hospital System (PHS), Workers Compensation and Advantage 65, which is a Medicare supplement.
The agreement covers Tenet’s 10 acute care hospitals in Florida:
· Coral Gables Hospital, Coral Gables (256 beds)
· Delray Medical Center, Delray Beach (493 beds)
· Florida Medical Center, Ft. Lauderdale (459 beds)
· Good Samaritan Medical Center, West Palm Beach (333 beds)
· Hialeah Hospital, Hialeah (378 beds)
· North Shore Medical Center, Miami (357 beds)
· Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, Palm Beach Gardens (199 beds)
· Palmetto General Hospital, Hialeah (360 beds)
· St. Mary’s Medical Center, West Palm Beach (463 beds)
· West Boca Medical Center, Boca Raton (185 beds)
Pinecrest Rehabilitation Hospital, a 90-bed rehabilitation facility located in Delray Beach, also is included in the agreement.
“We look forward to continuing to serve our patients who are members of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida,” said Marsha Powers, senior vice president of operations for Tenet’s Florida region. “Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida is our largest contracted health plan. It represents a significant portion of our commercial managed care business, and as such, contributed to our recent growth.”
Barry Schwartz, M.D., vice president of network management with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, said, “I am very happy that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida and Tenet have reached a three-year agreement that will enable our members to continue to receive care at these excellent facilities.”
Tenet Healthcare Corporation, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and related ancillary health care businesses, which include ambulatory surgery centers and diagnostic imaging centers. Tenet is committed to providing high quality care to patients in the communities we serve. Tenet can be found on the World Wide Web at www.tenethealth.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.