AT&T U-verse Arrives in Tulsa
Tulsa Customers Can Now Enjoy Next-Generation Integrated TV, Internet, Wireless and Voice Services — All on One Bill
Tulsa, Oklahoma, July 2008
Tulsa-area residents now have a new — and better — choice for their television and communications services. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced the launch of the company’s integrated suite of AT&T U-verseSM services, including AT&T U-verse TV, AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet and AT&T U-verse Voice.
AT&T U-verse brings together your TV, broadband, home phone and AT&T wireless services — all on one bill — with unique features that provide a new level of integration, convenience and control. AT&T U-verse TV, High Speed Internet and Voice services are all delivered over AT&T’s advanced Internet Protocol (IP) network.
Customers can currently order AT&T U-verse services in parts of Tulsa, Jenks and Owasso. AT&T will make U-verse services available to more homes throughout the area on an ongoing basis.
“With the launch of AT&T U-verse TV, Tulsa customers are finally getting a better choice in video entertainment services,” said Ryan Stafford, AT&T general manager for Oklahoma and Arkansas. “And we’re taking it even further by making your services work together and offering cool features you can’t get anywhere else.”
Stafford credited Tulsa Mayor Kathy Taylor and other city and state leaders for creating an environment that encourages investment in new technology in Tulsa and Oklahoma.
“The presence of competition means better products and better prices for Tulsans. It is not only providing us with another entertainment and communications choice, it is also bringing more jobs to our city and more high-tech investment with the launch of this new service,” Taylor said. “We’re a city on the move. Being able to attract new investment, create new jobs and deliver a new service to our residents is another sign we’re headed in the right direction.”
A Better Television Choice With AT&T U-verse TV
AT&T is the only national service provider to offer a 100 percent IP-based television (IPTV) service. IP technology helps make AT&T U-verse TV one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today, with advanced capabilities that customers don’t get from other providers and access to more than 40 High Definition (HD) channels.
Where available, local AT&T U-verse customers can enjoy numerous TV benefits, including:
* An attractive selection of TV packages. You can choose from a variety of subscription options that feature up to 320 channels, including digital music, local, movie and sports programming, as well as premium Spanish-language and international packages. All packages include HD-capable equipment, and most packages include an HD-capable digital video recorder (DVR). (More receivers can be added for $5 each a month.)
* More HD channels than the major local cable providers, with an extensive lineup of more than 40 HD channels. U-verse TV supports both 720p and 1080i formats. Access to HD service is $10 a month with any U-verse TV package.
* The ability to set your DVR from any location. With AT&T Yahoo! Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, you can schedule recordings from any Web-connected PC or compatible AT&T mobile phone (wireless service charges apply) by using your AT&T High Speed Internet account.
* The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR (up to four standard definition programs or two HD and two standard definition programs) — another feature that is exclusive to AT&T U-verse TV.
* AT&T Online Photos from Flickr, which allows you to simply and conveniently browse the photos you’ve uploaded to flickr.com and watch slide shows on your U-verse TV screen from the comfort of your couch.
* AT&T U-bar, which brings customizable weather, stock, sports and traffic information to the U-verse TV screen, without interrupting the current program. AT&T High Speed Internet subscribers can personalize the U-bar from the AT&T portal to display weather at specific locations, your personal stock portfolio and scores for your favorite sports teams.
* YELLOWPAGES.COM TV, for fast and easy searches to find local businesses and other information via your TV screen.
* AT&T Yahoo! Games, so you can now play your favorite online games — including Sudoku, Solitaire, JT’s Blocks, Mah-jongg Tiles and Chess — on the TV screen.
* Built-in Picture-in-Picture, which lets you channel-surf on any television without leaving the program you’re watching.
* Fast channel-changing, reducing the delay experienced with other digital video services.
* A growing Video On Demand (VOD) library with one-touch access to movies and events.
* Advanced search to find upcoming linear or VOD programs by using the title or an actor’s name.
* Easy-to-use parental controls to block live or recorded programs or on-demand videos by specific channel or ratings.
* Specially designed U-verse receivers. All U-verse receivers are HD-capable and include universal remote controls with backlit buttons and one-touch access to VOD, recorded TV and other popular U-verse features.
AT&T U-verse offers multiple combinations of TV, Internet and Voice packages to customize your experience. U-verse TV offers five programming packages — U100, U200, the popular U300 and U400 packages, plus U-family, a market-leading family-friendly programming option. Current AT&T U-verse TV pricing starts at $44 a month, depending on the selected programming package (taxes, fees and other monthly charges apply).
Professional installation is included for new U-verse TV customers, and you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Customers who order a qualifying programming package by phone through Sept. 20, 2008, are eligible to choose a free month of the U200, U300 or U400 package or a $50 cash-back redemption by gift check. Customers who order a qualifying TV package online will receive a free month of the TV package. Additional cash-back offers are available to qualifying customers who bundle Internet or AT&T U-verse Voice service.
Quad-Play Integration With AT&T U-verse Voice
U-verse Voice is a next-generation digital voice service that brings more control and functionality to your home phone. Unlike many Voice over IP (VoIP) providers that offer best-effort digital phone services over the public Internet, U-verse Voice is a managed IP-based service that is delivered over AT&T’s fiber-rich network. This allows U-verse Voice customers to enjoy great sound quality and reliability, as well as unmatched calling features that combine with your AT&T U-verse TV, broadband and AT&T wireless services, including:
* Combined AT&T U-verse Voice and AT&T wireless voice mail with U-verse Messaging, which provides a single voice mailbox that can be accessed from any phone line or PC.
* U-verse Central, an online management portal that gives you the option to easily and conveniently manage your call preferences, voice mail, contacts, call history and more from any PC, in addition to the ability to control call preferences from your home phone.
* An online voice mailbox to check, manage and forward voice mail from the online portal, much like an e-mail inbox.
* Call History, which enables you to view your most recent incoming and outgoing calls online or to view your most recent incoming calls on your AT&T U-verse TV screen.
* Click to Call, which will initiate a call from your home phone to any number in your Call History with one click of a mouse or the U-verse TV remote control.
* An online Address Book that is accessible from any PC and allows you to Click to Call from your home phone, to create and share contact groups with other U-verse Voice customers or to set up distribution lists for voice messages.
* Locate Me, a feature that provides simultaneous ringing on up to four wireless or landline numbers so you never miss an important incoming call.
* Traditional calling features, such as Call Screening, Call Blocking, Do Not Disturb and privacy settings.
All U-verse Voice customers will have 911 service. Where available via the local 911 network, U-verse Voice customers will have Enhanced 911 (E911) service.
U-verse TV customers can choose from two flexible U-verse Voice calling plans. U-verse Voice Unlimited includes unlimited local and nationwide minutes to any location in the U.S., Canada or U.S. territories for $40 a month, and U-verse Voice 1000 includes 1,000 Call Anywhere minutes to any location in the U.S. or U.S. territories for $30 a month. A second phone line, which shares the primary line’s calling plan, can be added for $20 a month, and each plan features competitive international rates with no recurring monthly charge.
AT&T’s wireless customers who subscribe to an AT&T UnitySM plan can call any AT&T U-verse Voice number from their mobile phone as part of the nation’s largest free calling community without using any wireless Anytime Minutes.
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet for Consumers and Small Businesses
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet offers more bandwidth and faster available speeds to meet the needs of every consumer or small business broadband user, including four package options:
* Max: Downstream speeds up to 10.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps
* Elite: Downstream speeds up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
* Pro: Downstream speeds up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
* Express: Downstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
All AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet packages include wireless home or office networking at no extra cost, giving customers the freedom to access online photos, receive and send large data files, view streaming video and access other high-bandwidth applications from a wireless-enabled laptop or other device. Subscribers also receive virtually unlimited e-mail storage, powerful anti-virus and anti-spam software and access to the nation’s largest Wi-Fi network with free unlimited connectivity at more than 17,000 hot spot locations.
AT&T is deploying next-generation AT&T U-verse services as part of its mission to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. Through AT&T U-verse and the company’s 100 percent IP platform, consumers will benefit from integrated AT&T services across the three screens they value most: the TV, the PC and the wireless phone.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.