New Symbian Partner Network to fuel development on Symbian OS
LONDON, United Kingdom – July 2008 –Symbian Limited, the market leader in open operating systems for mobile phones, today announced the launch of its new, world-class partner program, Symbian Partner Network (SPN). This program will enable members to innovate more easily, collaborate more closely with the Symbian ecosystem and accelerate developments with Symbian OS™, ultimately enabling the industry to succeed.
Offering a more affordable partner program at a reduced, competitively priced annual membership fee of USD 1,500, the Symbian Partner Network program focuses on harnessing innovation by further strengthening the ecosystem, helping its members and customers to build compelling devices and solutions more quickly and at a lower cost.
The program is designed to deliver maximum rewards to both Symbian customers and members of the Symbian Partner Network by enabling companies to efficiently develop and market products and services on the Symbian platform. Symbian customers enjoy access to the highest quality ecosystem solutions, while members make use of a range of technical, marketing and business development tools and resources, including the Symbian OS Binary Access Kit.
Members of the Symbian Partner Network also benefit from access to SDN++, Symbian’s private developer network portal, which contains an exclusive SPN Zone and offers self-service technical support via forums, wikis and a dedicated request management system as well as collaboration ‘zones’.
The key benefits of Symbian Partner Network include:
* Simplified sign-up process, click-through licenses and online payment system
* Reduced annual membership fee of USD 1,500 (from USD 5,000)
* Access to SDN++ containing the SPN Zone
* Improved self-service technical support (wikis, forums, SPN Helpdesk)
* Early access to information such as technology roadmaps and other documentation
* Enhanced marketing and business development opportunities including admission to private events, such as the annual Symbian Partner Event.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.