Motorola Doubles the Wireless Reach Within the Home
Easy-to-use Motorola wireless gateway offers high-speed wireless access and security in one device
NXTcomm – LAS VEGAS. – Motorola (NYSE:MOT) today announced a new full-featured wireless gateway for the savvy home networker or ambitious small business that provides twice the reach of wireless gateways available off-the-shelf at retail stores. Highly secure, simple to setup and easy to use, the Motorola Netopia® four-port ethernet high-performance wireless gateway (model 7107-65) features one-button pairing and seamless connectivity to an existing in-home broadband connection.
“As next-generation passive optical networks are deployed, the gateway device delivers advanced home networking capabilities and remote troubleshooting that helps reduce costs for operators and service providers.” said Alan Lefkof, corporate vice president and general manager, Broadband Solutions Group, Motorola, Inc. ”This is yet another example of how Motorola enables operators to deliver personalized, rich media experiences to their customers.”
For the advanced residential or small business consumer who desires high-speed voice, video, and data services, the gateway features:
* Range and performance - 3D Reach® Extreme, for twice the Wi-Fi® reach of a normal wireless gateway (400mW)
* Single unit convenience - An integrated four-port Ethernet router and an 802.11g/b wireless access point for networking flexibility
* Power savings – Supporting WMM Power Save, the gateway helps conserve battery life on laptops and other peripherals when they are in Wi-Fi mode
* Security - Advanced LAN and WAN wireless networking and security utilities, including WEP encryption, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), WPA-PSK, 802.11i/WPA2
* Flexibility - Support for Macintosh® and PC
* Remote management - Supports TR-069 extensions for remote provisioning, management and diagnosis
* Convenience -Single button pairing via Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
An ideal wireless gateway for a gigabit-capable passive optical network (GPON), the gateway supports a multi-user environment. The gateway allows users to easily connect their existing cable modem, DSL gateway, or PON broadband connection for a robust and secure home networking experience. Households can utilize up to four of the gateway’s 10/100 Ethernet ports or its 802.11g/b access point for the utmost in flexible networking options.
The gateway is designed for high-quality service levels and is enhanced by the Motorola NBBS platform – Motorola’s device management platform. Motorola’s NBBS is a scaleable, carrier-grade software platform that enables operators to remotely access, configure, monitor and troubleshoot the full portfolio of consumer devices, home networks and services.
The Motorola Netopia four-port ethernet high-performance wireless gateway will be available in the second half of 2008. Motorola will showcase the gateway alongside NBBS and Motorola’s GPON solution at NXTcomm, June 17-19, 2008, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Booth #SU5016.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.