AT&T U-verse Voice Launches in Oklahoma City
Next-Generation Voice Service Offers Convenient Integrated Wired and Wireless Features, Reliable Call Quality
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.- AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced the availability of AT&T U-verseSM Voice in parts of Oklahoma City, bringing consumers a next-generation digital voice service delivered over the AT&T U-verse Internet Protocol (IP) network. U-verse Voice brings together your AT&T wireline and wireless voice, broadband and TV services — all on one bill — with unique features that provide a new level of integration, convenience and control.
AT&T U-verse Voice completes the company’s IP triple play and is available to all new and existing U-verse TV customers in the Oklahoma City area. With U-verse Voice, customers receive new features that highlight the benefits of having advanced video, broadband, wireless and wireline voice services from a single provider.
AT&T U-verse Voice is a managed IP-based service that is delivered over AT&T’s fiber-rich network, unlike many Voice over IP (VoIP) providers that offer best-effort digital phone services over the public Internet. This allows U-verse Voice customers to enjoy great sound quality and reliability, as well as unmatched calling features that combine with your AT&T U-verse TV, broadband and wireless services from AT&T.
“AT&T U-verse Voice is one more way we’re making all of our AT&T services work together for you and connecting you to your world,” said Ryan Stafford, general manager, AT&T Oklahoma and Arkansas. “U-verse Voice uses the power of IP to enhance the calling experience. Just like U-verse TV has changed the way people watch television, U-verse Voice will change the way people use their home phone.”
AT&T U-verse Voice has advanced features that go beyond traditional phone service and many competitors’ offerings, including:
* Combined AT&T U-verse Voice and AT&T wireless voice mail with U-verse Messaging, which provides a single voice mailbox that can be accessed from any phone line or PC.
* U-verse Central, an online management portal that gives you the option to easily and conveniently manage your call preferences, voice mail, contacts, call history and more from any PC, in addition to the ability to control call preferences from your home phone.
* An online voice mailbox to check, manage and forward voice mail from the online portal, much like an e-mail inbox.
* Call History, which enables you to view your most recent incoming and outgoing calls online or to view your most recent incoming calls on your AT&T U-verse TV screen.
* Click to Call, which will initiate a call from your home phone to any number in your Call History with one click of a mouse or the U-verse TV remote control.
* An online Address Book that is accessible from any PC and allows you to Click to Call from your home phone, to create and share contact groups with other U-verse Voice customers or to set up distribution lists for voice messages.
* Locate Me, a feature that provides simultaneous ringing on up to four wireless or landline numbers so that you never miss an important incoming call.
* Traditional calling features, such as Call Screening, Call Blocking, Do Not Disturb and privacy settings.
All U-verse Voice customers will have 911 service. Where available via the local 911 network, U-verse Voice customers will have Enhanced 911 (E911) service.
U-verse TV customers can choose from two flexible U-verse Voice calling plans:
* U-verse Voice Unlimited, which includes unlimited local and nationwide minutes to any location in the U.S., Canada or U.S. territories for $40 a month.
* U-verse Voice 1000, which includes 1,000 Call Anywhere minutes to any location in the U.S. or U.S. territories for $30 a month.
A second phone line, which shares the primary line’s calling plan, can be added for $20 a month, and each plan features competitive international rates with no recurring monthly charge. Professional installation is included for new AT&T U-verse TV customers.
AT&T’s wireless customers who subscribe to an AT&T UnitySM plan can call any AT&T U-verse Voice number from their mobile phone as part of the nation’s largest free calling community without using any wireless Anytime Minutes.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.