American Express’ Going Once Seasonal Travel Website ’’Keeps it Local,’’ Providing Access to Amazing U.S. Vacations
Going Once offers extraordinary experiences closer to home with exceptional deals from coast to coast -- Hawaii to Las Vegas to New York City
NEW YORK.- As summer approaches, many travelers are dreaming of getaways, but wonder how far their dollars can go. To quench the thirst for summer travel, American Express is offering exclusive travel packages from participating merchants that don’t require a round-the-world flight. From June 2 -12, one unbelievable new U.S. vacation destination will be posted each day at the Going Once website (www.amexnetwork.com/goingonce) -- and once the travel packages go on sale at noon ET, the price drops every twenty minutes until 8:00 pm ET or until the limited packages sell out, whichever comes first. Last winter, Cardmembers experienced an average savings of 34% (over retail prices) on packages purchased through the Going Once website.
“In creating this summer’s Going Once, we listened to our Cardmembers who said they wanted more affordable travel options, closer to home, but still desired exceptional experiences,” said Luke Gebb, vice president, Network and Merchant Marketing, American Express Merchant Services. “We started by focusing on the incredible destinations our country has to offer, then we worked with our merchants to create amazing vacation experiences.”
With Going Once, Cardmembers have the opportunity to choose from nine vacation destinations, each offered in a full travel package with varying quantities, ranging from 10 to 40. Cardmembers can keep track of the quantities remaining as the prices drop to ensure they snag the package they want before it’s gone. The following nine declining-price packages include:
Hawaii (Package provided by Starwood Vacation Villas with travel services provided by Admiral Travel Gallery, The Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort and Princeville Ocean Resort Villas)
* This eight-day trip for two includes four nights at The Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort in Maui and three nights at the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas in Kauai. Package includes an adventure tour of Hana, a helicopter tour of Haleakala volcano and the Hana Rain Forest, and the Kipu Falls zipline tour. Package also includes tour transportation and round-trip, economy-class airfare for two people from any of fourteen select U.S. international airports.
* On sale: June 2nd
* Price starts at: $9,543
Lake Tahoe (Package provided by Ultimate Escapes)
* An eight-day, seven-night stay for four people in a two-five bedroom private, multimillion dollar home with amenities including a hot tub and chef’s kitchen. Package includes one excursion for four guests, ranging from a boat cruise to dinner with a private chef to snowmobiling. Concierge and planning services are available. Package also includes ground transportation for one week in an up-to-midsized car rental and round-trip, coach airfare for four people from any U.S. international airport.
* On sale: June 3rd
* Price starts at: $11,000
New York City (Package provided by American Express Vacations)
* A five-day, four-night trip for two people includes accommodations in a deluxe queen studio room at the ultimate lifestyle Hudson Hotel, a short walk to Central Park and the theater district. While there, guests receive two tickets to a Broadway musical and two tickets for a Gray Line Essential New York sightseeing tour that includes admission to the Top of the Rock observation tower. Package also includes round-trip, coach airfare for two people from any of six select U.S. international airports.
* On sale: June 4th
* Price starts at: $3,250
Orlando (Package provided Funjet Vacations)
* This six-day, five-night trip for four people includes a one-bedroom suite at the Caribe Royale Orlando and four Universal Orlando® 2 Park Unlimited Admission tickets. Free scheduled shuttle service is provided to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks and a nightly schedule to the Downtown Disney® area. Package also includes round-trip, economy airfare for four people from any U.S. departure.
* On sale: June 5th
* Price starts at: $4,300
Las Vegas (Package provided by Wynn Las Vegas, with travel services provided by Funjet Vacations)
* This five-day, four-night trip includes a Tower Suite room at the award-winning Wynn Las Vegas, two spa passes, a $200 resort credit that can be applied toward any of the gourmet restaurants and designers shops on the property. Package also includes round-trip, economy airfare for two people from any continental U.S. departure.
* On sale: June 6th
* Price starts at: $2,550
Baja (Package provided by Lindblad Expeditions)
* An eight-day, seven-night expedition for two people takes place aboard the National Geographic Sea Lion and includes all meals and non-alcoholic beverages aboard ship (as indicated in specific package details online at Going Once). Prepare for the adventure with an overnight stay at the Renaissance Hotel in Los Angeles and then continue with a privately chartered flight from Los Angeles to La Paz, Mexico, where guests will drive across the Baja Peninsula to San Carlos to board ship. While on board, the trip includes whale-watching, kayak tours of the mangrove swamp, and snorkeling with sea lions off the beautiful islands in the Sea of Cortez. Package also includes transfers to and from group flights.
* On sale: June 9th
* Price starts at: $9,240
Alaska (Package provided by Regent Seven Seas Cruises)
* This eight-day, seven-night cruise for two people through Alaska is aboard the six-star luxury ship, the Seven Seas Mariner, and includes accommodations in a suite with balcony. Enjoy the picturesque Seward Harbor, Hubbard Glacier cruising, and day trips to oceanfront towns in Canada. Package also includes food and beverages, round-trip, economy-class airfare for two people from 86 gateways across the U.S. and Canada, and a scenic train transfer between Seward Pier and Anchorage.
* On sale: June 10th
* Price starts at: $9,383
San Francisco and Sonoma (Package provided by American Express Vacations)
* This six-day, five-night trip for two people includes two nights in a deluxe room at The Fairmont San Francisco and three nights in a Fairmont Heritage room at The Fairmont Sonoma Inn & Spa. While in Sonoma, guests can take advantage of the natural, mineral hot springs with daily access for two to the Bathing Ritual at the Fairmont Mission Inn & Spa. Package includes a four-day economy-class rental car available for pickup in San Francisco and round-trip, economy-class airfare for two people to San Francisco from any of six select U.S. international airports.
* On sale: June 11th
* Price starts at: $3,525
Miami (Package provided by Funjet Vacations)
* A five-day, four-night stay in a Partial Oceanview room for two people at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel, situated in the heart of the historic Art Deco District. Package includes private access to a pristine white-sand beach and an oceanfront pool, as well as a $50 food and beverage credit per room that can be used at the hotel’s Preston’s Nautilus, Sobe Coffee & Hemisphere, and room service. Guests receive two, two-day Go Miami cards, which provide unlimited complimentary admission to over 25 of Miami’s top attractions. Package also includes round-trip, economy-class airfare for two people from any continental U.S. departure.
* On sale: June 12th
* Price starts: $2,525
The Going Once website also features premium travel offers. Examples of some of the offers include 25 percent off the available rate at La Playa Beach & Golf Resort in Naples, Florida, and $20 off a food bill of $50 or more at Border Grill in Santa Monica, California. Going Once also includes retail offers such as 20 percent off on a purchase of $125 or more at White House Black Market.
Additional information on all of the travel packages is available at Going Once.
The promotion takes place at www.amexnetwork.com/goingonce and is open to all U.S. consumers with a U.S. American Express-branded Card(1).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.