Malaysia’s First WiMAX License Holder, Packet One Networks, Enhances WiMAX Launch Readiness
P1 Selects Oracle® Communications Billing and Revenue Management to Support New WiMAX Services
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.
* Packet One Networks (P1), a leading communications service provider in Malaysia, has selected Oracle( Communications Billing and Revenue Management to support its new WiMAX services, scheduled for rollout in June 2008. The implementation is an important milestone in P1’s plan to become Malaysia’s first WiMAX service provider and longer-term goal of becoming Malaysia’s leading converged communications service provider.
* P1, a subsidiary of Green Packet Berhad and a WiMAX license-holder, will implement Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management to provide a unified backend platform to help improve its time to market for new services and lower operational costs. Accenture, a Certified Advantage Partner of the Oracle PartnerNetwork, is leading the implementation. The application is one of several key building blocks P1 is using to deliver a positive customer experience.
* P1’s new WiMAX 2.3Ghz service will facilitate significantly faster wireless communications and provide a strong foundation to support the further development and growth of information and communications technology in Malaysia. It also supports the government’s National Broadband Plan to foster economic progress through the establishment of a knowledge-based economy.
* As the first of the four Malaysian WiMAX 2.3Ghz license-holders to deliver on its commitment to deploy WiMAX to enrich the lives of Malaysians and bridge the digital divide, P1 is leading the way by becoming the first provider to deploy mobile WiMAX in the 2.3GHz band commercially in Malaysia and by establishing one of the world’s largest mobile WiMAX 2.3Ghz networks.
* P1’s WiMAX deployment is underway already in Klang Valley, Penang and Johor, and will expand rapidly throughout West Malaysia in phases. P1 plans to provide WiMAX coverage to 25 percent of the population in Malaysia (6.5 million people) by the end of 2008 and 40 percent of the population (10 million people) by the end of 2010. It expects to provide WiMAX coverage to 60 percent of the nation’s population - including urban, suburban and rural areas -- within five years.
* “WiMAX is a key growth opportunity for both existing and emerging service providers worldwide. P1’s competitive selection of Oracle is further validation of our strong real-time, IP-based capabilities required by such innovative service providers. We are excited to work with P1 as it prepares to launch and grow its portfolio of WiMAX-based services,” said David Sharpley, vice president of marketing and channels, Oracle Communications.
* “WiMAX will create a sea change in people’s lifestyles, from connecting people and sharing content, to mobilizing the Internet via Web 2.0. We need the right DNA - that is device, network and application - to be a successful and popular wireless platform. Oracle provides a proven application and advanced, flexible real-time billing capabilities. This equates to efficiencies which help us monetize our services quickly, as well as to enhanced customer satisfaction,” said Michael Lai, chief executive officer, Packet One Networks.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.