Verizon Wireless Introduces The Chic Samsung Glyde
Sleek Messaging Phone Features an Advanced Touch-Screen, Slide-Out QWERTY Keyboard and Feature-Rich Multimedia Capabilities.
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and DALLAS — Verizon Wireless, builder and operator of the nation’s most reliable wireless network, and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced that the Samsung Glyde(TM) will be available on May 9, 2008, online at www.verizonwireless.com and in more than 2,400 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores from coast to coast, including those in Circuit City. The Glyde is a powerful and sleek multimedia and messaging phone that boasts a robust feature-set packaged in a compact, touch-screen device with a full QWERTY keyboard.
The Glyde features a 2.8” advanced touch-screen that offers a tactile response and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard that provides customers with an easy way to send text and instant messages. This multimedia device comes equipped with a full lineup of Verizon Wireless’ hottest services including V CAST Music and Video. With V CAST Music, customers have access to more than 3 million songs from well-known and independent artists that can be purchased and downloaded directly over-the-air to the Glyde. V CAST Video gives customers access to content from the best names in news, sports and entertainment.
Other features include a 2.0 megapixel camera with flash, microSD™ card slot, which supports up to 8 GB of external memory, and Bluetooth® stereo headset support.
Additional features of the Glyde include:
* HTML browser with touch navigation
* Get It Now® – download games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
* 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder with flash and zoom:
o Brightness adjustment
o Self-time: Off, three, five or 10 seconds
o Color effects: Normal, black and white, sketch, antique, negative, green, aqua
o Multi-shot Mode: Series, divided
o Resolution Adjustment: 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 960, 1024 x 768, 640 x 480, 320 x 240, 176 x 144
* VZ Navigator(SM) capability – get visual and audible directions to thousands of destinations, locate businesses and other points of interest, get maps of a location, and share directions with others
* Music Player for .mp3, .wma, and unprotected .aac and .aac + files
* Bluetooth – supports headset, hands-free car kits, serial port, dial-up networking, advanced audio distribution (stereo), phone book access, object push for vCard, basic imaging for sending/printing non-protected images to a compatible device and basic print
* Text, picture and video messaging
* Instant Messaging using AIM®, MSN®, Yahoo!®
* Speed dialing
* Dimensions: 4.09” x 1.97” x .7” (standard battery)
* Weight: 4.13 ounces (with standard battery)
* Display: 240 x 440 pixel, 262K TFT, 2.8” active screen area
* Bilingual user interface: English and Spanish
* Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4
* Personal organizer with calendar, calculator, notepad, currency converter, alarm clock, world time and stop watch
* Phone book with up to 500 entries with multiple contacts
* Usage time: Up to 210 minutes with standard battery or up to 250 hours with standard battery for standby time
* 2.5 mm headset jack
The Glyde will be available for $249.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers can get the most out of their Glyde with Verizon Wireless’ Nationwide Premium calling plan. Starting at $79.99 monthly access, the Nationwide Premium calling plan includes: unlimited messaging, VZ Navigator, Mobile Email, and V CAST VPak plus unlimited megabytes for Mobile Web and Get It Now.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.