TomTom announces updated TomTom RIDER
Now including latest TomTom features including TomTom Map Share™, Help Me! menu and latest map guarantee ~
~ New trip statistics feature and improved user interface gives bikers optimised ease of use ~
Amsterdam.– TomTom, the world’s leading navigation solutions provider, today announces an updated version of TomTom RIDER, its navigation device for use on motorbikes. New features include TomTom Map Share™, extensive safety features such as the Help Me! menu, TomTom’s latest map guarantee and pre-installed Tele Atlas maps of Western & Eastern Europe.
In addition, bikers now have easy access to dedicated trip statistics. This allows them to see average and maximum speeds per journey, total miles travelled and distance from home.
Customers who have previously purchased a RIDER 1st or RIDER 2nd Edition can now also benefit from the latest software features by updating their software free of charge via TomTom HOME. In addition, when purchasing a new Tele Atlas map, they will now have access to TomTom Map Share™. New maps are available from early May 2008 via TomTom HOME or www.tomtom.com.
“We aim to provide all TomTom customers with the highest-quality navigation experience available,” says Harold Goddijn, TomTom’s chief executive officer. “Now, TomTom RIDER customers have access to the same innovative features as users of our car products, as well as extensive route planning options – services that can be particularly helpful as the summer biker season approaches.”
Ease of use
TomTom RIDER features a simple, easy-to-use touch screen that is conveniently designed with extra large screen icons so that bikers can operate the device even when wearing gloves. It comes with a built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that provides up to five hours of constant operation, or can be wired into a 12 volt motorcycle battery (with the included power cable) for a constant charge.
TomTom has also created a special web site with recommended tools and third party web sites that can help users create and manage Points Of Interest (POI) sets and plan itineraries, for even easier use and optimised route planning.(http://www.tomtom.com/addto/third-party.php)
New and enhanced features
The enhanced RIDER 2nd Edition for motorbikes enables users to benefit from the following features:
• TomTom Map Share™ technology that enables users to make corrections to their own maps instantly and to benefit from improvements made by other users, completely free of charge
• Latest map guarantee so users always have free access to the latest map available at time of purchase (if a new map is released within 30 days from the time they start using their device)
• Extensive safety features, including the ‘Help Me’ menu that gives drivers direct access to emergency services and roadside assistance
• Trip statistics so users can keep all the details from their trip on their device
• Itinerary planning and sharing to help users create and manage POI sets and itineraries
In addition, the TomTom RIDER 2nd Edition comes with all the award-winning features of the current TomTom RIDER pre-installed, including:
• TomTom Traffic, a subscription option for users to receive traffic updates through a GPRS connection on their mobile phone. A free 30-day trial is available.
• Rugged ‘RAM’ mount that fits on virtually all motorcycles, is easy to mount, and can withstand rigorous vibration conditions common to biking
• High-quality Cardo scala-rider® Bluetooth® headset for in-helmet spoken instructions. This advanced headset fits open and closed helmets, and has exceptional noise cancellation performance to ensure that bikers can hear directions and phone calls with unparalleled clarity
• Waterproof (IPX-7 standards) to protect device from rain and other bad weather conditions
• Car kit accessory option with separate mount and built-in speaker for car usage
• Rugged and secure bike dock for single-handed mounting
• Enhanced quality voice instructions
• Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and information exchange between TomTom RIDER users
Pricing and availability
The enhanced TomTom RIDER 2nd Edition has a recommended retail price of £349.99 (UK/Ireland version) and £399.99 (Europe version) and is available at stores across the UK from early May 2008.
• 3.5” 320 x 240 full TFT colour LCD touchscreen (64k colors)
• High sensitivity GPS chipset
• Waterproof: IPX7
• SD card with maps of Europe pre-loaded
• Operating Temperature: -10° to + 55 °C
• Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and data connection
• Internal lithium-ion battery (5 hours operation)
• Power source: 12V DC battery, 110V AC charger
• Dimensions: 113.2mm x 96.2mm x 52.9mm
• Weight: 310 grams
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.