Harmonic’s Powerful, Personalized Video Delivery Solutions on Display at NAB 2008
Industry Leader Features Solutions for 1080p HD, On-Demand and Video to Multiple Devices at Booth #SU9612; Rhozet Presents Universal Transcoding at Booth #SL6829 –
Sunnyvale, Calif. - At NAB 2008 booth #SU9612, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT), a leading provider of video delivery solutions for broadcast, cable, Internet, satellite and telco operators around the world, will showcase a comprehensive range of IP-based solutions for advanced broadcast and on-demand services. Featured demonstrations include 1080p high definition (HD) video, IP-based program distribution solutions for broadcasters, and market-leading content preparation and management software for personalized video services. Harmonic’s Rhozet business unit will also demonstrate its market-leading transcoding solutions at booth #SL6829. NAB is the largest annual broadcast industry event in the United States, drawing more than 100,000 attendees from around the world, and will be held in Las Vegas from April 14-17.
“The Harmonic NAB 2008 experience presents powerful digital video delivery solutions that enable operators to deliver a higher quality, more personalized HD and on-demand video service,” said Tom Lattie, Director of Broadcast and Satellite Solutions for Harmonic Inc. “Also, at NAB this year, Harmonic is introducing a variety of new technologies and featuring a growing portfolio of solutions for a streamlined all-IP infrastructure. With these solutions, operators can deliver more advanced services to the TV, PC and mobile/portable devices, as well as enhance efficiency and reduce costs by eliminating the need for additional hardware at the headend.”
Featured demonstrations at Harmonic’s NAB booth include:
* Market-leading digital video and advanced compression: 1080p HD at 24 and 50 frames per second, HD/SD encoding for MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) applications, and advertisement insertion
* IP-based program distribution: video stream processing, distributed statistical multiplexing, bulk scrambling and forward error correction
* Any video to any device: universal transcoding, content preparation for on-demand services, video servers and software
In addition to the Company’s demonstrations at NAB 2008, industry experts from Harmonic have been selected to speak at various technical conferences:
* April 13: Marty Picco, Vice President of Systems and Technology, will participate as a panelist in a session of the MPEG Industry Forum Master Class titled “Enabling Technology…Status Report” at 12:00 noon. David Price, Vice President of Business Development and Marketing Communications, will moderate two panel sessions.
* April 14: Joel Wilhite, Marketing Solutions Manager, will share his technical experience at the Broadcast Engineering Conference by highlighting “Best Practices: Using IP in Broadcast TV” at 2:30 PM.
* April 15: Tom Lattie, Director of Broadcast and Satellite Solutions, will share his expertise at the Broadcasting Engineering Conference on a topic called “Migration to All-IP Infrastructures for Distribution of Broadcast Services” at 2:00 PM. Joel Wilhite will be speaking at the Telecom Technology Papers Conference, discussing “IP Pitfalls for TV Networks” at 11:10 AM.
* April 16: Thierry Fautier, Director of Telco Solutions, will share his insight at Broadband TV World in a panel discussion called “Dispatch from the TV Wars” at 2:40 PM.
* April 17: At 10:30 AM, Elie Sader, Product Marketing Manager, will discuss “Scalable Video Coding (SVC) & Broadcast Delivery of 1080P High Definition” at the Broadcasting Engineering Conference.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.