Matrox Developer Products Now With Support for Sony XDCAM HD 50 Mbps
Montreal, Canada.– Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that the Matrox DSX™ family of developer products now supports ingest and playout of Sony XDCAM®HD 50 Mbps MXF files for enhanced HD production workflow.
“The new PDW-700 2/3-inch CCD camcorder and the PDW-HD1500 recording deck add the benefits of 50 Mbps 4:2:2 optical disc recording to Sony’s XDCAM HD Professional Disc system. With their fast file-based operations, superb picture quality, and HD production flexibility they are ideal tools for such applications as news gathering where speed is a key concern; production for TV dramas, documentaries, and mainstream entertainment programs where a high-quality look is critical,” said Masatoshi Kawano, Senior General Manager of Sony Corporation. “We are happy to see that Matrox will be providing full support of 50 Mbps HD production for a Sony workflow innovation.”
“Complete support for the Sony XDCAM HD 50 Mbps format is very important to our OEM customers creating media server products,” said Alberto Cieri, Matrox sales and marketing director. “This new file format offers 4:2:2 pixel compression at a higher bit rate for better image quality as well as additional audio channels. It is likely to become the XDCAM HD format of choice among broadcasters.”
The Matrox DSX product line will be demonstrated at NAB 2008 in booth SL320.
About Matrox DSX Developer Products
The Matrox DSX product line combines a full range of professional audio and video hardware components with comprehensive Windows XP- and Linux-based Software Development Kits (SDK) that enable OEMs and developers to create a wide variety of cost-effective products and applications including ingest/playout servers, broadcast graphics systems, NLE systems, automation and master control units, multi-layer compositors, and medical media servers. The open-architecture Matrox DSX platforms leverage scalable CPU and GPU power in conjunction with high performance hardware to lead the industry in I/O density, native codec support, file format versatility, and on-board processing capability.
Key features of the Matrox DSX platforms:
• Modular architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets
• Multi-channel HD and SD video/audio I/O support from a single card
• Extensive native codec support in HD and SD including DV, D10 for IMX, HDV™, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA, MPEG HD for XDCAM HD, H.264, and AVC-Intra for P2
• Cross platform file format support - MXF, MOV, AVI, MPG, etc.
• Multi-layer on-board HD scaler/compositor
• Professional realtime effects including sub-pixel 2D/3D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes, etc.
• Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.